Dr. Moku's Katakana Mnemonics
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn to read and write Japanese Katakana in one hour!
By using mnemonics visual aids you can learn Katakana effortlessly.
Perfect for the complete beginner, young or old, this is the fun and foolproof way to master the first essential step in learning Japanese.
“I came across Dr. Moku's Katakana Hiragana. Thirty minutes later I had memorized all 46 Hiragana. - Mark Frauenfelder founder of BoingBoing.net talking about the companion Hiragana app.
- NEW! We have included words and phrases!
- NEW! Now includes animated Stroke Orders so you can learn how to write Katakana.
- NEW! Now includes quiz types and options to include Dakuten, Handakuten and Yoon; modified Katakana.
- Audio clips to help pronunciation.
- 2 different Learning modes: Manual (allows you to learn at your own speed) and Autoplay (Each screen and audio clip play in sequence)
- 3 different Quiz Modes: Easy, Hard and Master.
- Quick Reference allows you to jump instantly to the screens you want to revise.
- Video demo and Introductory guide to learning Japanese, with pictorial examples and everything you need to know about basic and modified Katakana.
Mnemonics are memory tricks that use humor or a memorable personal connection to help you fix and break associations so your brain has no choice but to remember.
Each screen presents a Katakana character along with a mnemonic clue and audio clip. Read the clue, listen to the clip and move on to the next one. The alternating bold colors will 'reset' your brain so you start fresh with each symbol, allowing you to learn auto-magically.
Learning Japanese may seem like an impossible task but with Dr. Moku you will be amazed at your ability to learn and recall.
What's New in Version 1.7
- Fixed a glitch in AutoPlay mode
I couldn't believe how fast I learned the Katakana
Incredibly simple to use and learn. I bought this app and the Hiragana app on Friday and already know all of the symbols and their modifications. Some of the mnemonics are super cheesy, but they still work. The only thing I would change would be to have the mnemonics match up with the actual pronunciation so I wouldn't have to keep it separate. In any case, I highly recommend it.
Worth the 5 dollars
I bought this app wanting to learn katakana fast, and I got my wish. I literally learned it in a day and I'm so happy! I honestly suggest you buy this app it's easy because the pictures help you remember the meanings and it's great! Wish they had one for kanji though.
Read katakana fast
Like the hiragana app, this one does the same for katakana.
A couple hours of commitment, and you will have all these characters committed to memory.
Great app for the serious nihongo student.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 08, 2014
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 30.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bob Byrne
- © 2014 Bob Byrne
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.