By Doctor Web, Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Dr.Web Light is a reliable product that uses the most innovative Dr.Web technologies to protect your Mac from viruses and malware. A built-in scanner will scan your system and quickly neutralize all detected threats. The heuristic analyser will protect your system from unknown viruses.
- Easy and resource-efficient background scanning of the Downloads directory, where every file downloaded is scanned.
- Perform express or full system scans.
- Customize lists of files and folders to be excluded from scanning.
- Check suspicious files and folders by simply dragging and dropping them into the anti-virus application window;
- Use the pause function to suspend scanning and save on the battery life of your Mac; then continue scanning at any convenient time.
- Configure automatic responses for the anti-virus to various types of threats, or manually choose what actions are to be applied to each threat.
- Get detailed information about the infected files found by the anti-virus (viewable in the Threats and Quarantine windows).
- Log for working in automatic threat neutralization mode. The log displays scanning results and shows what files have been cured, skipped and quarantined.
- Quarantine for suspicious objects.
Alarms sound whenever threats are detected, deleted and moved to the quarantine;
- Choose how you want to be notified about detected threats: via OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), or the Dr.Web alert service.
- Customizable scheduling of virus database and scanner updates.
- Use all Dr.Web features from the Desk’s main window.
- Get the latest news about viruses and other threats as well as Doctor Web products directly in the application window.
Differences between Dr.Web Light and Dr.Web Anti-virus:
Dr.Web Light has limited features compared with the full version of the product. It doesn't have a full-scale file monitor and can't cure a large number of threats, because it can't work as root.
What's New in Version 10.2.0
Added support of OS X El Capitan.
Scanning time has been improved.
Stopped working on iMac running Sierra 10.12.1
For some reason this program started crashing immediately on startup on my iMac Retina 5K, 27” late-2014 running Sierra 10.12.1. It continues to work fine on my MacBook Pro Retina 15” late-2013 updated to the same version of Sierra. The support link above doesn’t appear to me to give support for this version of the software.
Is this Russian Spy Ware?
Is this Russian Spy Ware?
Seems to be working well, but these days with so much Russian spying, I have moved to ClamXav.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 09, 2016
- Version: 10.2.0
- Size: 181 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Doctor Web, Ltd.
- © Doctor Web, Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor