By Doctor Web, Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Dr.Web Light is a reliable product that uses the most innovative Dr.Web technologies to protect your Mac from viruses and malware. A built-in scanner will scan your system and quickly neutralize all detected threats. The heuristic analyser will protect your system from unknown viruses.
- Easy and resource-efficient background scanning of the Downloads directory, where every file downloaded is scanned.
- Perform express or full system scans.
- Customize lists of files and folders to be excluded from scanning.
- Check suspicious files and folders by simply dragging and dropping them into the anti-virus application window;
- Use the pause function to suspend scanning and save on the battery life of your Mac; then continue scanning at any convenient time.
- Configure automatic responses for the anti-virus to various types of threats, or manually choose what actions are to be applied to each threat.
- Get detailed information about the infected files found by the anti-virus (viewable in the Threats and Quarantine windows).
- Log for working in automatic threat neutralization mode. The log displays scanning results and shows what files have been cured, skipped and quarantined.
- Quarantine for suspicious objects.
Alarms sound whenever threats are detected, deleted and moved to the quarantine;
- Choose how you want to be notified about detected threats: via OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), or the Dr.Web alert service.
- Customizable scheduling of virus database and scanner updates.
- Use all Dr.Web features from the Desk’s main window.
- Get the latest news about viruses and other threats as well as Doctor Web products directly in the application window.
Differences between Dr.Web Light and Dr.Web Anti-virus:
Dr.Web Light has limited features compared with the full version of the product. It doesn't have a full-scale file monitor and can't cure a large number of threats, because it can't work as root.
What's New in Version 9.0.0
- The new version features convenient scanning of the Downloads folder. The scanning can be configured to start automatically. Users now do not need to start scanning of this folder manually as Dr.Web automatically checks all downloaded files. At that, scanning consumes system resources efficiently.
- New drweb-se demon: increased stability of the operation, efficient consumption of system resources during scanning
- New design of the Quarantine and Threats tabs
- Added an option to select the type of the notifications to use: system or Dr.Web.
- Added the Log file where results of automatic scanning are logged. The file contains detailed information on neutralized, skipped or quarantined files. The Log file is a convenient information source about results of background scanning of the Download folder and about actions applied automatically to detected threats. A user can clear the log file or export its content.
If you try to run this App in your MacBook Pro, the temperature goes very high and the fans needs to work very hard to keep below 208 fahrenheit (98 celsius), that can damage the fans, or worse, damage your computer.
SAVE YOUR MONEY. total scam
all this app does is supposedly “detect” malware. once it detects it, you then are asked for more money to get rid of risks.
SAVE YOUR MONEY. DON’T KNOW HOW APPLE ALLOWS THIS.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 10, 2014
- Version: 9.0.0
- Size: 146 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Doctor Web, Ltd.
- © Doctor Web, Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later