Dr.Web Light is a reliable product that uses the most innovative Dr.Web technologies to protect your Mac from viruses and malware. A built-in scanner will scan your system and quickly neutralize all detected threats. The heuristic analyser will protect your system from unknown viruses.
- Easy and resource-efficient background scanning of the Downloads directory, where every file downloaded is scanned.
- Perform express or full system scans.
- Customize lists of files and folders to be excluded from scanning.
- Check suspicious files and folders by simply dragging and dropping them into the anti-virus application window;
- Use the pause function to suspend scanning and save on the battery life of your Mac; then continue scanning at any convenient time.
- Configure automatic responses for the anti-virus to various types of threats, or manually choose what actions are to be applied to each threat.
- Get detailed information about the infected files found by the anti-virus (viewable in the Threats and Quarantine windows).
- Log for working in automatic threat neutralization mode. The log displays scanning results and shows what files have been cured, skipped and quarantined.
- Quarantine for suspicious objects.
Alarms sound whenever threats are detected, deleted and moved to the quarantine;
- Choose how you want to be notified about detected threats: via OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), or the Dr.Web alert service.
- Customizable scheduling of virus database and scanner updates.
- Use all Dr.Web features from the Desk’s main window.
- Get the latest news about viruses and other threats as well as Doctor Web products directly in the application window.
Differences between Dr.Web Light and Dr.Web Anti-virus:
Dr.Web Light has limited features compared with the full version of the product. It doesn't have a full-scale file monitor and can't cure a large number of threats, because it can't work as root.
The update improves the application's compatibility with upcoming versions of macOS.
Ratings and Reviews
Crashes on first attempt to use
I once thought this was a decent program and it’s more like everyone quit and nobody is there to perform updates. It now crashes immediately upon opening and this is after the latest update. I’m now more suspicious about the program than I am the results of its use.
Good Powerful Scanner
First off, let me start by saying don't listen to the guy who said this was a virus, he probably didn't have the correct system requirements. Secondly, my first review I ever wrote in the Mac App store, and honestly, this scanner is definately worth your time, I don't know why it has so many 1 stars, maybe previous versions were not good, but the current version, believe me, it is great. Other good scanners are the Bitdefender scanner which I like, and use as a backup for Dr. Web, another one I don't like, but others say ClamXav is good, stay away from iAntivirus by Symantec.
I will say this scanner takes a long time if you have a big hard drive, but better safe than sorry, because it scans very thorough.
All in all, you don't really need a paid virus solution until mega viruses come out for mac like windows virus. The only thing you need if you really want protection is a virus scanner, do a full scan, then everything you install from now on you will just simply do a custom scan on it. Simple right?
Get this, then get ClamXav as a back–up.
Contrary to popular belief, OS X is no longer virus–proof (if it ever really was). There have been a number of cross–platform viruses recently (mostly exploiting Java) that have been hitting users of traditionally ‘safe’ operating systems like OS X and Linux. Dr Web Light, along with ClamXav, are the best anti–virus tools I've found for OS X. Dr Web's database is typically more current, so it is more likely to catch things ClamXav has missed. I have rooted out infections in the HDs of a few different Macs by this point— and none of them belonged to users prone to risky activity. While you may not feel like you need it, it's good to have around. At least one of the current bugs was preventing users from searching for anti–virus programs on Google, among other things.
- Doctor Web, Ltd.
- 174.4 MB
- English, Arabic, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Doctor Web, Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.