Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
Drafts lets you turn text into action – it’s a quick notebook, handy editor, and writing automation tool, all in one. Instead of tapping around other apps, capture in Drafts first. Open it and write right away, then do something useful with your words.
## HOW DRAFTS WORKS ##
Drafts opens to a new page with the keyboard ready so you can type immediately. Go hands-free with Dictation, or ask Siri to "Create a note using Drafts".
Drafts lets you get things down before you forget – no choosing document templates or waiting for your file to download.
USE YOUR WORDS:
Drafts is a launching-off point for text – use the actions to copy it, share it, or deep link into other apps and services. Compose a tweet or message, create a file in Dropbox, send a task off to Reminders – there are hooks into tons of your favorite apps.
REMEMBER IT NOW – OR LATER:
New entries go into the Inbox. Once there, you can Tag them for organization, Flag them for importance, or Archive them for long-term storage.
TAKE TEXT TO A NEW LEVEL:
Set up a text editing experience that’s perfect for you, with tons of interface adjustments like custom fonts and control over spacing, line height, and margins.
Use the customizable extended row above the keyboard to quickly convert, manipulate, and transform your writing. Make lists, use Markdown to get things just right.
Process your drafts quickly using unique features like Link Mode, Arrange Mode, and Focus Mode.
## WHY YOU’LL LOVE DRAFTS ##
IT WILL CHANGE HOW YOU USE YOUR DEVICES:
Drafts gives you a new approach to using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, letting you write first and think about what to do with it later. Try it in your dock for a week, you'll find you can't live without it.
GETTING WORDS DOWN HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER:
Drafts opens lightning fast and with support for capture via Siri, the widget, share extension, file import, and dictation - Drafts is like post-its updated for the smartphone era.
Actions make Drafts a Swiss Army knife for text. Integrate with a bewildering array of apps and services.
## JOIN THE COMMUNITY ##
Check out our Action Directory (actions.getdrafts.com) for ready-to-use actions for third party apps and services. Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, find integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks - or follow @draftsapp on Twitter or Facebook.
## DRAFTS PRO ##
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Create and Edit Actions
• Themes and Icons - suit the experience to your tastes with Dark theme, custom app icon, and more
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Extra widgets and better share extension options
• Enhanced URL Automation
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and up-to-date with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or send an email to email@example.com if you’re having issues – or just want to say hi.
UPGRADING FROM DRAFTS 4?
Drafts 5 installs as a new app and will not affect your existing Drafts 4 installation. Check out getdrafts.com/upgrade for details on new features and migrating.
## SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS ##
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
Lots of new things! For more complete information, example actions and more, visit https://getdrafts.com/changelog. All the details don't fit here!
- All the great additions of 5.4 (below) and full support for the latest iPhone and Apple Watch models!
- Apple Watch app settings have been moved inside the app. Look for the "Apple Watch" section in settings.
- New Watch setting to hide the inbox count on complications - configure in Drafts Settings on phone.
# 5.4 updates...
### Siri & Shortcuts Support
- "Run Shortcut" action step. Pass text to the Shortcuts app and trigger a Shortcut by name with a single tap.
- Siri Intents:
- "Capture clipboard" Siri shortcut. This shortcut allows capture of the current clipboard content to a new draft in Drafts without launching the app.
- "View draft" Siri Shortcut. Allows creation of a shortcut which displays the content of a specific draft in the Siri interface - with the ability to tap and open that draft in the app.
- "Add to Siri" buttons to create voice shortcuts to functions in Drafts directly in the app in the following locations (iOS 12 only):
- Add shortcut to open a specific draft in the (i) detail view.
- Add shortcut to load a workspace on Workspace edit screen.
- Add shortcut to run an action without input text from the action edit screen.
- Drafts creates shortcuts as the app is used for a variety of other tasks, such as using the Drafts dictation interface. As you use Drafts, these become available in iOS Settings > Siri & Search and can be attached to custom Voice Shortcuts. A common example would be to create a "Dictate" voice shortcut that launches Drafts directly to dictation of a new draft.
### Other New Features in 5.4
- Separators in action groups. Separators act like headings and allow for visual organization of actions in a large action group or keyboard rows.
- Light Gray theme.
- WordPress Support. New WordPress action step for basic posting, and scripting support for the entire WordPress XML-RPC API.
- Expanded Dropbox Scripting Support New methods wrap and expose the entire Dropbox API. Create share links, list files, folders, query files and version, create Paper documents, etc. Anything you can do with the API.
- Google Drive action step enhancements allow creation of Google Docs and PDFs on Google Drive.
- `XMLRPC.request(url, methodName, params)` script method to interface with XML-RPC based services like the MetaWeblog API or others.
- Draft detail (i) screen now has button to copy UUID or draft text to clipboard, in addition to existing copy link option.
- More summary information in Draft detail (i) screen.
- `addLabel(name, label, options)` method on `Prompt` scripting object allows adding text labels, captions and headings in a prompt.
- `strftime(date, format)` global script method. Returns formatted date string.
- Toggle device sleep off and on via script. `app.isIdleDisabled` and `app.setIdleDisabled(bool)` script methods to allow disabling of system sleep timer to keep the screen from dimming.
- Ability to clear all version history for draft in Details (i) > Versions, or individually delete specific versions (swipe to left).
- Markdown list auto-complete will now try to enable capitalization for first word of new list line if Sentence auto-capitalization is enabled.
### Other Fixes and Changes in 5.4
Several dozen additional changes, fixes and improvements have been made in this release. More than will fit in the allowed characters for updates notes. For complete details, please visit https://getdrafts.com/changelog.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the app, not the subscriptions.
I’ve been using drafts since version 4 came out. It changed the way I work, and I love using it to enter and manipulate text. I’ve been playing around with Drafts 5 and the app is amazing. There’s so much power in the free app, and the pro subscriptions adds some great options for power users. Thing is, I’m not a power user, but I’m more than willing to pay for the features I use. My biggest issue is that I dislike and avoid app subscriptions. I like that when I pay for an app, even if the company disappears tomorrow, I can continue to use the app for years to come. I’m also not thrilled that dark mode is behind the subscription wall, I’d pay a few dollars to have a dark mode, I find it much easier on my eyes, but can’t justify the subscription just for dark mode, since it’s the only tool I would use from the subscription. Fortunately, I can continue using drafts 4 with its dark mode. Sure, I’ll miss out on all the new features in the free app, but that’s how much I dislike day mode. Just writing this review is burning my eyes. But my issues say nothing about the app itself which is wonderful. Definitely give the free mode a spin, and if you like scripting and having full control and aren’t opposed to renting apps, the sub is a great value. But for me it’s less than ideal as it’s currently set up. Hopefully down the line, the developer will consider making dark mode an optional in app purchase for those that don’t or can’t subscribe.
No subscription here
I too am a long time Drafts 4 user. I have also recommended the app to many friends and know for a fact that four of them have purchased the app. I will no longer be doing so. Like many others have stated, I do not mind paying a one time fee. I am not a fan of the subscription-based model which I know many apps and programs are moving towards. I will look for alternatives and other solutions Whenever possible. I probably would’ve considered subscribing if the subscription fee was more reasonable. Someone else has done the math- the cost jump from the life cycle cost of Drafts 4 compared to the subscription fee for Drafts 5 is astronomically ridiculous. Like several others I did not take full advantage of all that was available in Drafts 4, but would have happily paid a one time fee for D5 to support continued growth. I hope in time this business model will be reevaluated and changed. And like others have said the freemium version of D5 is not an option without dark mode.
Was skeptical of the subscription model, but I love this freaking app!
I had written a long review about how the subscription was too much for this kind of app. In this case, I have changed my mind. This app is so awesome! I did buy Drafts 4 but never got around to using it much. Drafts 5 has become my hub of writing letters, emails, even mass text messages. The iMessage app is really cool...I can have snippets that I use often and easily pull them into the Messages app.
Give this app a try; I don't think you'll be disappointed!
I hope you'll give the update a chance and take a look at some of the new features. It's far more than a face-lift (http://getdrafts.com/gettingstarted/overview), the app was re-written from the ground up and almost every area improved and expanded.
You may find the highly-functional free version suits your needs without any cost.
We can't expect you to upgrade to the Pro subscription if the features and functionality of the app do not offer value for you. That will be a decision each user must make based on their actual and intended uses. Know that we are still supporting Drafts 4, so if you were happy with the functionality of the old version, there's no need for you update as well.
- Agile Tortoise
- 54.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2018 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Pro Subscription $19.99
- Monthly Pro Subscription $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.