Drafts: Quick Capture
By Agile Tortoise
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere! New low price, Great new iOS 10 features!!!
#### iOS 10 ready with Messages app, Dictation and more!
#### Macworld, Eddy Award Winner, 5 Mice!
#### Lifehacker Pack for iPhone/iPad
#### “Easily one of the best iOS apps I’ve ever used.” – Merlin Mann
#### See drafts in action at agiletortoise.com/screencasts
Drafts is the quick, easy way to capture and share text. In Drafts, text comes first – open the app and get a new, blank draft – ready to type. Don't get bogged down in a timeline to tweet. Don't tap your way through multiple screens to get down an email or SMS. Don't navigate folders, create files and name them just to jot down a note or create a todo.
## LATEST iOS 10 & DEVICE SUPPORT
* Message app to insert text snippets from drafts.
* Quick dictation.
* iPad Multitasking + Keyboard Shortcut Bar support.
* Spotlight search indexing of inbox drafts, with search continuation support.
* Widget, Share extensions & 3D Touch support.
* Apple Watch app to capture and browse drafts.
## EDITING & STORAGE
* Simple, distraction-free editing environment supports landscape editing.
* Light, Dark and Sepia themes.
* Support use of any font installed the device for editing.
* Unique "Arrange" feature lets you reorder lines by drag and drop.
* Markdown and Social syntax highlighting modes.
* Universal app syncs across your devices using Apple's new CloudKit.
* Version histories for drafts allow you to browse and rollback to previous versions.
* Optionally track creation, modification location data for your drafts.
* Search full text.
* Word and character counts.
* Link mode makes phones numbers, emails, links and address you have captured into tappable links.
* Integrates with system services to send text, including Mail, Messages, Calendar, Reminders and more.
* Post to Twitter.
* Create, Append and Prepend to files/notes in iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Box.com, OneDrive, Google Drive & Evernote.
* Multi-step actions let you combine multiple steps easily. Post to Twitter and log to Dropbox in one tap. Add to your journal and email in one tap. Many more possibilities.
* Almost all Drafts action steps are now more powerful and customizable, with additional templates and tags.
* Forward text to other apps which support URL schemes.
* Markdown support is better than ever with updated built-in preview styles, and the ability to create as many custom style preview as you want.
* Actions sync across devices.
## ABOUT US
Drafts is one of the most actively developed apps on the App Store. We love to hear your feedback and ideas. For news and tips, follow @draftsapp on Twitter/Facebook, or contact us at email@example.com. For documentation and help, visit: http://help.agiletortoise.com.
What's New in Version 4.8.3
- **Change:** Dark theme when running on the new phone is now really dark.
- **Fix:** Attempts to address a timing issue where some actions on existing drafts on Watch could get lost.
- **Change:** Update third party libraries and integration SDKs.
- **Fix:** Possible fix for a couple of crashers.
- **Change:** Tweaks to layout creation timing to try to fix occasional crasher.
- **Change:** Darken initial startup screen.
- **Change:** Make notification banners full width on phones.
- **Fix:** "Hide extended keyboard" setting was not clearing background properly.
- **Change:** Theme status bar area same as background.
- **Fix:** Case where tweets longer than 140 characters would fail.
Help & Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Tips: @draftsapp on Facebook and Twitter
Review and ratings are always appreciated!
My Most Used App
Obviously I'm in the minority because I do not use the popular markdown features but it is great for jotting down quick notes that one can save or send as emails, messages, social media posts and even add tasks to Omni Focus. You can use it as a search engine, dictionary, thesaurus, and in conjunction with other apps to create larger, more elaborate compositions. Drafts is really very versatile and there is really no other app that can currently match Draft's abundance of features. The app is also universal which is a huge plus if you toggle back and forth, like myself, between my iPhone 8 and iPad Pros. *UPDATE: Already a whole year since the last review and still, as always, this app is best in class and I try new productivity/note/journal/ writing apps on almost a daily basis and run them through all of the important tests and use Drafts as the measuring rod. For big epic ramblings you want to jot out before sending it as text to be formatted elsewhere or simple notes, messages, emails, social media posts and todos, Drafts has you covered. The keyboard is best in class as well and for those that don’t want to be distracted by toggling around for characters, this keyboard beats them all.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 07, 2017
- Version: 4.8.3
- Size: 75.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Agile Tortoise
- © 2012-2018 by Agile Tortoise, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Charitable Tip$4.99
- Generous Tip$2.99
- Appreciative Tip$0.99