Drafts - Quickly Capture Notes
By Agile Tortoise
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Drafts, where text starts on iOS. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere! The most flexible note taking app on iOS is ready for iOS 7!
#### Macworld, 2013 Eddy Award Winner, 5 Mice!
#### Lifehacker Pack for iPhone 2013
#### “Easily one of the best iOS apps I’ve ever used.” – Merlin Mann
#### Best New Apps: The Verge
#### Drafts for iPad available separately on the App Store with Sync!
Drafts is the quick, easy way to capture and share text. In Drafts, text comes first – open the app and get a new, blank draft – ready to type. Don't get bogged down in a timeline just to tweet or post to Facebook. Don't tap your way through multiple screens to get down an email or SMS. Don't navigate folders, create files and name them just to jot down a note or create a todo.
In Drafts you can get that text down quickly and decide what to do with it later. Extensive output options let you send text to Twitter, Facebook, App.net, email, SMS, a Calendar event, quickly save it to Dropbox or Evernote – or forward it to a growing list of other Apps such as OmniFocus, Things, Fantastical, Byword, Sparrow and more. Customize actions to fit into any workflow.
- QUICK ENTRY: App opens to a new blank draft to quickly jot down ideas.
- SAVE, SEARCH, SYNC: Not sure what to do with that text? Just type it in and leave drafts – no saving, it'll be there when you get back. Recent drafts are always one tap away, and full-text searching is available. Optionally enable Drafts lightning fast sync between Drafts, Drafts for iPad (sold separately) on multiple devices.
- SEND TO...ANYTHING? Extensive output options let you do almost anything you might want with your text. Output options include: Twitter, Facebook, Email, SMS-Messages, Events, Clipboard, "Open in..." export, Print.
- EMAIL ACTIONS: Configure your own email actions with preconfigured recipients that can be sent in the background to integration with services like Evernote, OmniFocus Maildrop, Toodledo, IFTTT and more.
- MESSAGE ACTIONS: Create single tap messaging actions with pre-defined recipients and templates.
- DROPBOX and EVERNOTE ACTIONS: Create actions to create/append/prepend to any file in your Dropbox, or note in Evernote with templates and dynamic tags.
- URL ACTIONS: Create actions with URL schemes to integrate with other apps and websites.
- IMPORT/EXPORT/SHARE ACTIONS: Drafts support sharing of custom actions via URLs.
- LINK MODE: Capture phone#s, addresses and URLs and link mode makes them tappable links.
- FORWARD DRAFTS TO OTHER APPS: Any app that can accept text via URL scheme can be added, and our Action Directory has a huge list of ready to install actions for apps such as OmniFocus, Tweetbot, Fantastical, and many more.
- CUSTOMIZE ACTIONS: Arrange actions across 4 action panes, and configure whether actions require confirmation or route drafts after they complete (i.e. send to archive, delete).
- MARKDOWN SUPPORT: Use [Markdown](http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/) to format text, and Drafts can convert it to HTML. Preview the HTML in Drafts, create a HTML email, or copy it to the clipboard for use in other apps.
- THEMES AND FONTS: Customize the writing environment. Drafts ships with a selection of color themes, including a "Night" mode. Choose from over a dozen fonts high quality fonts.
- TEXTEXPANDER SUPPORT
- LANDSCAPE TYPING
- EXTENDED KEYBOARD
- Live word and character counts.
## ABOUT US
We love to hear your feedback and ideas. For news and tips, follow @draftsapp on Twitter/App.net/Facebook, or contact us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.5.93
- **Change**: Re-evaluated a lot of code around editing to resolve several oddities with scrolling and a jumpy cursor. Things should be quite a bit smoother now, particularly editing longer drafts. Please let us know if you still see issues.
- **Change**: URL editing in URL actions is now in a larger text view, instead of a single line, which should ease editing of longer actions.
- **New**: Additional external keyboard commands. Drafts now supports the following:
- Cmd-N: New draft.
- Cmd-B: Markdown bold (adds ** or wraps selection with **selection** if text is selected).
- Cmd-I: Markdown emphasis (adds * or wraps selection with *selection* if text is selected).
- Cmd-H: Markdown header. Adds # at beginning of current line. Use more than once for subheads.
- Cmd-L: Markdown link. Adds () if no text is selected, or [selection]() if selection is present.
- Improvements to markdown auto-list completion.
- Misc. bugs.
Reviews are always appreciated, and feel free to get in touch with questions/issues via info@agiletortortoise, or @draftsapp on Twitter/FB/App.net.
An App that Just Keeps Getting More and More Useful
As a text nerd, the Drafts App (both iPhone & iPad) are absolutely amazing. I downloaded it several months ago, and started sporadically using it. I keep adding new actions and finding more and more ways that it can be absolutely one of the most useful and productive device on my my iOS devices. It makes so much sense to have one app to start any text based information that I need to use is such a helpful idea. I'm cross posting this for the other iOS version
The only notes app you need!
Seriously, this is best quick notes app you will ever find! It has tons of sharing options, which is important to me since I don't normally leave notes in one app. I keep Drafts in my dock on both my iPhone and iPad. The only thing I would like to see added is image support! Then this app will be perfect!
Rework your workflow
Drafts will change the way you input text. It's a remarkable and customizable app that makes quick notes and info easy to move around and store however you want.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 27, 2014
- Version: 3.5.93
- Size: 10.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Agile Tortoise
- © 2013 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.