Solve math puzzles and unlock the legend of Dragon Shapes!
'Highly recommended... fun, challenging and teaches new skills' - theimum.com
'Drop dead gorgeous apps you don’t want your kids to miss... Perfect skills for today’s kids to be immersed in!' - TeachersWithApps.com
'The production quality is excellent, with plenty of charm.' - appsplayground.com
Four academic levels of difficulty follow the story of the Shape Arts Master and his quest to rescue the village’s dragon.
Each level offers a structured sequence of geometric puzzles themed to the characters from the story: butterfly, turtle, mountain goat and dragon.
This app supports learners with problem solving and reasoning as they progress through a fun puzzle pathway. Children gain an intuitive sense for geometric relationships and boost their thinking skills at the same time.
BENEFITS FOR LEARNERS
* Improved confidence with math
* Knowledge and vocab for shapes and attributes
* An intuitive sense for geometric relationships
* Spatial awareness, visualisation and rotation skills
√ Aligned to school curriculum for ages 6 to 10
√ 4 difficulty levels from basic to advanced
√ Full access to all 80 puzzles
√ Animated story chapters between levels
√ Unlock the story, puzzles and levels as you progress
√ Themed characters add fun and adventure
√ See your puzzle progress on the pathway
√ Inspired by the ancient Chinese tangram puzzle
√ Developed with teachers
√ Targeted content and hints for every puzzle
The app is free with 1 in-app purchase for full access to all 80 puzzles. All educational content is developed with pedagogy experts and aligned to the school curriculum.
* Fully tested with families
* Child-friendly design
* Full info on learning objectives
WHAT GROWN-UPS NEED TO KNOW
* Contains 1 in-app purchase behind parental gate
* No third-party advertising
* Parent's Guide in Grown-Ups area
Lumio is a collection of kids educational apps targeting tricky math topics in fun ways.
The apps introduce learners to key concepts using concrete models and familiar but quirky contexts. Abstract ideas come to life for kids using targeted touch interactions.
Lumio apps are fully tested with parents, teachers, and kids. Find out more about our beta testing group at lumiokids.com.
* 30 sparkling new puzzles for experienced Shape Masters!
* Enhanced learning support with fun read-out for younger learners.
* Puzzle timer - challenge yourself to beat your own time!
* Earn energizing Lightning Bolts and collect the Dragon Scrolls! Can you blast through the puzzles without using hints and earn all the rewards?
* New settings due to popular demand: unlock puzzles, reset progress, and turn off hints for extra challenge.
* Updated Grown-Ups area with new Parent's Guide.
Ratings and Reviews
Totally awsome app for learning geometry!
This app is good for math class.
Dragon Shapes: Geometry Challenge is a great Tangram type game for preschoolers on up. There are 50 different levels to choose from, via an IAP that is secured with a press down button in the parent’s section. Design construction is essential for spatial awareness and having a sense of praxia...or motor planning. To be able to place parts to make a whole helps set up kids to understand how the world and relationships work and then synchronizing themselves as a part of it. Learning about shapes, their attributes and qualities from all points of view and orientation, generalizes into spatial thinking and makes great problem solvers. This app gives one, a great story line, two; engaging graphics, and three, the game play is fun.
- Lighthouse Learning Studios Ltd
- 41.2 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lighthouse Learning Studios Ltd. 2013
- In-App Purchases
- full access to all 50 puzzles $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.