DragonBox Algebra 12+ - The award-winning math learning game
By WeWantToKnow AS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DragonBox Algebra 12+: An inexpensive algebra tutor that fits in your pocket.
DragonBox Algebra 12+ is a must-have tool for students so they can earn better grades and gain confidence in algebra and mathematics. It is based on the award winning game DragonBox Algebra 5+ but covers more advanced topics in mathematics and algebra:
* Positive and Negative signs
* Addition of Fractions (Common Denominators)
* Collection of Like Terms
DragonBox Algebra 12+ gives players a greater understanding of what mathematics is all about: objects and the relationships between objects.
This educational game targets children from the ages of 12 to 17 but children (or adults) of all ages can enjoy it. Playing doesn’t require supervision, although parents can enjoy playing along with their children and maybe even freshen up their own math skills.
DragonBox Algebra 12+ introduces all these elements in a playful and colorful world appealing to all ages.
The player learns at his/her own pace by experimenting with rules that are introduced gradually. Progress is illustrated with the birth and growth of a dragon for each new chapter.
Dr. Patrick Marchal, Ph.D. in cognitive science, and Jean-Baptiste Huynh, a high school teacher, created DragonBox Algebra 12+ as an intuitive, interative and efficient way to learn algebra.
DragonBox Algebra 12+ is based on a novel pedagogical method developed in Norway that focuses on discovery and experimentation. Players receive instant feedback which differs from the traditional classroom setting where students can wait weeks for feedback. DragonBox Algebra 12+ creates an environment for kids where they can learn, enjoy and appreciate math.
Our previous educational game, DragonBox Algebra 5+ has received many distinctions including the Gold Medal of the 2012 Serious Play Award (USA), the Best Serious game at Bilbao´s Fun and Serious Game Festival and the Best Serious Game at the 2013 International Mobile Gaming Awards. It is also recommended by Common Sense Media where it won the Learn ON award.
* 20 progressive chapters (10 learning, 10 training)
* 357 puzzles
* Basic algebraic rules with which the child can experiment
* A focus on minimal instruction encourages creativity and experimentation from the player
* Multiple profiles for easy progress control
* Dedicated graphics and music for each chapter
* Multiple supported languages (English, français, norsk, svenska, dansk, español, 한국어, italiano, português, Deutsch, русский, 简体中文, 繁體中文, suomi, Nederlands...)
What's New in Version 2.2.1
* Removed Photobooth & Camera usage
* SideB: make sure next button appear upon completing last level
* Diploma: user the user's avatar picture to generate the diploma. Previously generated diploma must be re-requested.
* Diploma: non english languages could cause diploma form to be pre-filled with invalid characters (resulting in diplomas containing garbage)
* HelpMode was randomly failing (e.g. on level 10-11) due to incorrect reset of internal state.
* IOS: 64 bits support
* IOS: improved appstore integration (popup instead of opening the appstore app)
* Translations: added Romanian, Polish, Galego & improved Czech, Estonian, Italian, Lithuanian, Russian
To the person played the game and thought it was simple and ridiculous I have to say you did not spend very much time on the game. The game builds in new rules as old ones are mastered. No prior knowledge is needed is needed to start the game so it starts at a low level. One you get ino the game, solving the problems in the fewest number of steps becomes more challeging. This game teaches students to seek out the most effiecient strategy to solve a problem so players are encouraged to resolve problems to get full points. My son and I Iove to take turns solving the problems, and since my son sees the problems as puzzles not math, it is not hard to get him to do math. My son was able to skip one year of math due to math games such as this. I highly reccomend this game.
Very clever, fun and addictive
I have been playing this game with my 7 year old and it is so incredibly well done. The difficulty of the levels slowly increases and my child I and I could literally spend hours together trying to create the most elegant equation for maximum points (yes the cute characters and simple rules are just a gateway to the kinds of equations any of us will remember from middle school). Knowing the complication that goes into good graphic design, coding and the art of teaching math in a way that is both fun and usefully instructive I am blown away.
I am convinced a 10 year old can learn Algebra in one week with this. What schools teach in a year or two in high school a 10 year old would learn in a week with this App.
If you don't get this for your child then you are a bad parent. That is all there is to it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 11, 2016
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 204 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: WeWantToKnow AS
- © 2013 WeWantToKnow AS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.