By WeWantToKnow AS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DragonBox Elements: the game that secretly teaches geometry.
Embark on a great learning adventure! Discover the fundamentals of geometry with your family! Watch your kids learn geometry in a matter of hours, without them even noticing they’re learning! (main learning features below)
By playing the 100+ puzzles in DragonBox Elements, kids (and adults, too) will gain a deep understanding of the logic of geometry. Through entertaining exploration and discovery, players use shapes and their properties to actually recreate the mathematical proofs that define geometry!
Whimsical characters and captivating puzzles motivate players to keep learning. Since the geometry in the game remains hidden, kids learn and gain confidence even if mathematics is a subject they don’t usually feel comfortable with. Amazing fun with amazing results!
DragonBox Elements takes its inspiration from “Elements”, one of the most influential works in the history of mathematics. Written by the Greek mathematician Euclid, "Elements" describes the foundations of geometry using a singular and coherent framework. Its 13 volumes have served as a reference textbook for over 23 centuries, and DragonBox Elements makes it possible for players to master its essential axioms and theorems after just a couple of hours playing!
* Learn as a family, through guidance and collaborative play, with up to 4 individual game saves
* 100+ levels, for several hours of intensive logical reasoning practice
* Aligned with the concepts studied in high school and middle school mathematics
* Explore the properties of geometric shapes through Euclidian proof: triangles (scalene, isosceles, equilateral, right), circles, quadrilaterals (trapezoid, parallelogram, rhombus, rectangle, square), right angles, line segments, parallel and transversal lines, vertical angles, corresponding angles, corresponding angles converse, and more
* Improve logical reasoning skills dramatically by creating mathematical proofs and solving geometrical puzzles
* Gain an instinctive understanding of the properties of shapes and angles through play
* Transfer what you have learned to pen and paper with the learning resources found on wewanttoknow.com
Recommended from age 8 (the guidance of an adult may be required for younger children)
What's New in Version 1.1.3
Added 64 bits support, Added Russian language, Level Design fixes, Translation fixes.
Clever and fun
This game does a fantastic job creating geometric proofs for children. My 4-year-old loves it and, while she doesn't realize it, she is building geometric intuition she can use later. I went through it and I want to share this with my students to help them better see congruent angles, using circles to find shapes, and so much more.
I think it is amazingly clever how the monsters have horns to match congruent sides and wings for parallel sides. The development of right angles is really well done as well.
I do think this app is best used with a child who has a parent around to help them put together the ideas of what they are doing. I also recommend this to any adult who wishes they understood geometry better.
I think what I love best is that it won't let you create something unless you know for a fact what it is and can prove it. Many people may think it is glitching when in reality the game is correct that something else needs to be shown first.
My kids love it and learn!
I wanted to use the app to introduce geometry to my 12 year old boys. After 20 minutes it was time to move on to another math program for the day, but they both insisted that they get to keep playing Elements! I like to be there with them to explain and reinforce the concepts they are learning. We loved Dragonbox too!
An elegant and fun way to learn Geometry
This game exceeded high expectations. It is nearly flawless on all levels- the geometry, the progression of concepts, the graphics, the music, the integration of spiders and monsters. Well done.
My gifted six year old and I played for five hours this weekend. We vanquished Osgard on the Medium and Hard levels.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 25, 2015
- Version: 1.1.3
- Size: 141 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: WeWantToKnow AS
- © Copyright WeWantToKnow AS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.