Dragons: Rise of Berk
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***Reached No.1 App in Over 85 Countries!***
Build your OWN Berk! Rescue, hatch and train your favorite DreamWorks Dragons! Explore uncharted lands in a vast Viking world!
Join Hiccup, Toothless and the gang to protect your village from the mysterious strangers that threaten peace on Berk. Who are they? And, what do they want from your harmonious homeland? Train your DreamWorks Dragons successfully and they’ll reveal new powers that will help to ensure the future of your island.
Remember…it takes a village...and DRAGONS!
• Discover all your favorite DreamWorks Dragons from the movie, including Toothless, Stormfly, Hookfang and Skullcrusher
• Collect and grow up to 200 different Dragon species, like Deadly Nadders, Monstrous Nightmares and Typhoomerangs
• Complete missions with all the characters from DreamWorks Dragons
• Stunning visual & audio effects with 3D animations
This is YOUR Berk. It's time to RISE!
* Please note: Rise of Berk is completely free to play but offers some game items for purchase with real money. If you choose not to use this feature, you can disable in-app purchases in your device’s settings.
What's New in Version 1.8.12
Vikings! Spring is in the air and the snow is finally melting on Berk! It’s time to get cracking on these NEW Easter features!
• Now you’re in the Rider’s seat, Vikings! JOURNEY is our NEW feature that lets YOU choose your own adventure! Use the Dragon Eye with Toothless, Stormfly, Meatlug, Hookfang, Barf and Belch, or Grump to open different paths through the story and earn rewards, find new locations, and discover special Dragons!
• Go on this limited time Journey to Ostara Isle where your decisions can help find the hidden eggs AND the culprit that's been hiding them.
• Build the Great Forge to upgrade buildings all over Berk!
• Raise Toothless up to level 112!
• NEW Missions.
• NEW Costumes.
• NEW Dragons in Exploration.
• NEW Dragons found only in Journey, our new feature!
• NEW Premium Dragon: Furnace.
• NEW items available at Johann's Ship!
• Look for new Dragons in the reshuffled Card Packs.
• There's now more IRON in Card Packs.
Great game but needs some improvements
I really do love this game and it's still one of my favorites, but it's really frustrating when there are "specials" going on to find certain dragons you can only get when there's a special, and you have to pay to send Toothless out to find them and rarely do I ever get the egg I'm trying to get or I get one that is one of the first level dragons that I already have more than one of. Example: when a special to get Cloudjumper just came up I searched at least 10 times with 3 bags each time and didn't get one egg, not even an egg I wasn't looking for. That's a lot of runes when you add it up and those cost real money. It's getting to the point where you almost have to pay to play and I don't mind paying a little especially if it will pay off in the end, but they need to lower their prices or let you pay with fish or wood. The new update with the "Journey" thing is cool. I already got 3 new dragons but once again to play you have to spend runes and some are reasonable but others are way too expensive. So other than the rune and searching a lot and getting nothing a lot of the time it's super fun but it can get a bit repetitive and that's why getting new dragons is so important because it helps to give you something to look forward to. It would be great if they could do something about that as I see I'm not the only one with these issues and/or concerns.
Very fun, but a little leading
I really love this game. It is surprisingly addictive, in a very fun way! I would recommend it, but I gave it four stars because it really leads you by the nose, and I find that irritating. I think a person of reasonable intelligence could figure out the next steps, but instead it is woven into a silly conversation between characters. Additionally, I hate the battles, which are another example of being lead. Once they start, there is quite literally no end. If, instead, the game set it up so that you could wander off on your own, figuring out how to expand territory, get resources, and battle when you wanted to challenge your dragons, or get more prizes, I would like it much better. I am choosing not to battle, which may have negative consequences, but I just find its omnipresence irritating. You HAVE to pay for it, and it is not optional. Besides the feeling that it is less of a quest game (which I would love) and more of a rote linear game (which is better suited for children and surely their target audience considering the content), 8 really do enjoy it. It is always fun checking on my dragons and building and expanding. I would recommend it if you can deal with the aforementioned issues.
I enjoy playing this game. It is one that I can set the dragons to search and leave it, I'm not constantly on it and neglecting things in the real world that need to be done. I would give it 3.5 stars, but I can't do halves. Things that keep it from getting a better rating: 1) the in-app purchases, way too expensive! It's ridiculous to expect people to pay $50 for a card pack or a dragon, even a legendary, or $10 on runes that you will use in a matter of seconds; 2) you can't really do anything without runes and I'm not willing to pay for them (see first point). I have a bunch of runes because I went through Tapjoy, and they were free, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play. 3) it starts to get annoying to have to send Toothless out for over 24 hours at a time and then have him come back with nothing useful.
Other than that, it's a pretty fun game. It is possible to get the legendary dragons, it just takes a long time. It makes it more satisfying when you earn the dragon rather then just paying your way through. If you love the movies, it does a pretty good job of following the second one while at the same time adding in new stuff.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 16, 2016
- Version: 1.8.12
- Size: 82.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Ludia
- © 2016 Ludia Inc. 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' © 2015 DreamWorks Animation L.L.C. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bunch of Runes$1.99
- Mound of Runes$4.99
- Pile of Runes$9.99
- Heap of Runes$19.99
- Mound of Runes$0.99
- Wealth of Runes$49.99
- Heap of Runes$9.99
- Rare Card Pack$14.99
- Heap of Runes$8.99
- Bunch of Runes$0.99