By Visible Health, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“drawMD is redefining patient education apps.” - iMedicalApps
drawMD is a simple tool that enables clinicians to illustrate and modify medical images for the purpose of improving clinician/patient communication. drawMD Cardiology's content was developed by physicians to facilitate discussion of the most common conditions and procedures. The drawMD platform allows you to upload your own images and easily annotate any condition on your images or ours.
drawMD Cardiology provides:
•Easy-to-use drawing capability that fits easily into any workflow.
•Clinically validated anatomical artwork.
•A library of backgrounds and stamps (overlays) of anatomy, pathologies, and treatments.
•Easy sharing with patients.
•Anatomic image import functionality to library for annotation.
We listen to feedback! Create a Visible Health Connect account let us know what images you would like to see added.
Some of the conditions, procedures and anatomy you will find in drawMD Cardiology:
Atherosclerosis, Cerebral Aneurysms, Stroke, Cardiomyopathy, Clipping, Vessels, Hematoma, Hemorrhagic stroke, ACA, PCA, MCA, Myocardial Infarction, pneumothorax, costochondritis Embolisms, Chest Tube placement, stenosis, vascular disease, arterial bypass, angioplasty,
About our Consultant:
drawMD Cardiology was created under the clinical supervision of Brent Anderson, MD, who is an assistant professor of Cardiology at Vanderbilt Heart and Vascular Institute, Nashville TN.
About our sponsor, Boehringer Ingelheim who's generosity makes this app available at no charge :
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world’s 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, it operates globally with 140 affiliates and more than 46,000 employees. Founded in 1885, the family-owned company has been committed to researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing novel medications of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine.
What's New in Version 3.2.1703
-- Various user interface improvements for iOS7
-- Sharing via email fix for iOS7
-- Search by "My Tags" enhancement
-- Improvements to memory management
Good but could be great
This is a great idea but it has several shortcomings.
1) Not all EMR's can run on an iPad so unless the physician is going to carry two devices from room to room he or she will not usually have access to an iPad. While I see the benefits of using an iPad for this app ( ability to draw on the image) it would be helpful for many of us if there was a Mac or Pc version
2) Where is the Internal Medicine version?
3) It would be helpful if there were simpler schematic versions of the diagrams. The detailed anatomically correct diagrams are unnecessarily busy when trying to explain things to patients who have no medical or science background. Keep it simple. Stick and line diagrams would help a lot with the option to pull up more detailed versions on the rare occasion when they are necessary.
Excellent for patient teaching
RN in ICU and ED use this for very effective family and Pt education. Simple and very easy to understand for all levels.
A Must for MDs
Great app for all types of docs.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Oct 15, 2013
- Version: 3.2.1703
- Size: 74.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Visible Health Inc
- © 2013 Visible Health, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.