DrawnStrips Reader - The Best Comic Reader
By Fabrice Leyne
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
********** The Best Comic Reader with MultiTouch and Retina Display Friendly **********
The best comic reader on OSX (USA)
Best cbr reader in the app store! (Canada)
## DrawnStrips Reader
* Format supported: CBR, CBZ, CB7, ZIP, RAR, TAR, Images Folder, PDF Scanned...
* QuickLook Plug-In: CBR/CBZ/CB7. Finder will automatically display the first page of the comics as icon. And you can press the space bar for a quick view of your comics.
* Retina display ready.
* Navigating your comics with thumbnail, multi-touch, keyboard ...
* Convert, Enhance your comics..
* Convert your comics to another format to CBZ, ZIP, Images Folder, PDF.
* Convert Image format to JPEG, PNG, TIFF
* Resize comics, or Images folder.
* Magic Enhancer let's you modify on the fly (Brightness, Contrast, Gamma, Sharpness).
* Save the enhanced comic.
* Automatically keep the enhancement settings when you re-open your comic.
* Background color.
* Keyboard shortcut.
* Open automatically the next comic in your folder.
* 1-2 page(s) reading.
* Western, Manga style reading.
* Fullscreen native.
* Multi-touch, Trackpad, Magic mouse...
* Retina display ready.
* Controls fade out when they're not needed.
* Ready for Yosemite.
* Look and feel auto-adaptive to the OS X version.
Thanks your comments on the Mac App Store but if you need an answer please send me an email.
What's New in Version 2.5
[Improvement] Under Yosemite, DrawnStrips Reader now follow the look and feel of the new OS X release.
This is by far the best comic book reader I’ve used, and I love the timely Yosemite update.
My only current concern is exiting fullscreen mode crashes the app constantly, hope it gets fixed soon.
This app definitely looks better than the other readers out there but the performance is much slower than I would expect out of other apps. Work well but expect CBRs and CBZs to open in about 10 seconds.
It’s a tad on the slow side. Takes a good 10 seconds or more to load a comic. It seems to crash a lot as well. Hopefully a future update will fix issues. Overall, its ok.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 15, 2014
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Fabrice Leyne
- © Fabrice Leyne
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor