Dream of Pixels for Free
By Dawn of Play
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A beautiful falling blocks puzzle game. Tap blocks to clear lines!
Dream of Pixels for Christmas - in Classic mode!
• Best iPhone and iPad Game: Puzzle - toucharcade.com
• Top 10 iPhone and iPad game - Pocket Gamer
• Best iPhone/iPad Game of November - metacritic
Tap on the mesmerizing grid to unpack tetrominos and watch them spin, rotate and fall. Clear the lines from the beautiful cloudy grid fast enough - or it's dream over.
• ENJOY the beautiful ever-changing visuals.
• UNPACK lines in this brilliant twist on the falling blocks classic.
• PLAY Classic action puzzle mode.
• UPGRADE to Full Version for three more awesome game modes.
• RELAX in Puzzle mode - slow down and think about it.
• LISTEN to the amazing music matching the visual experience.
• CHALLENGE your Game Center friends to a game.
"If only I could look up and touch a tetromino-filled sky... Until then, I thankfully have Dream of Pixels."
• 90 - toucharcade.com, John Polson
"... a developer like Dawn of Play comes along with a delightful surprise like Dream of Pixels, one of the dreamiest gaming apps on iTunes."
• Gaming App of the Day - Kotaku.com, Mike Fahey
"The sheer addictiveness is more than enough to warrant a purchase but the wealth of bonus modes (especially Puzzle) make it a no-brainer."
• 4/5 - 148apps.com
"If you’re in the mood for a fantastic falling blocks puzzle game, then I highly recommend you drop everything that you’re doing right now and buy Dream of Pixels. In fact, if you can only get one game this week, make it this one. You won’t regret it."
• Game of the Week - AppAdvice.com, Christine Chan
Become a fan of Dawn of Play on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
What's New in Version 1.0.24
Bug fixed: Dream of Pixels is now full-screen also with the latest iOS 8.3 update
The diamond in the rough
While the app store may be flooded with shovelware and half-baked clones of clones, occasionally you find an app that truly shines. This is one of those rare gems.
The concept is unique, to say the least. It's essentially Tetris in reverse; rather than add blocks to an empty well to fill it, you carve away blocks from a full well to empty it. Rather than score when you assemble a full horizontal line, you score when you carve away a full horizontal line.
Thankfully, pretty much all of your standard Tetris strategies are applicable here. However, there are a few quirks and differences; enough to make it not Tetris, but its own game in its own right.
But that's not all. This game knows what platform it's on. The designers built this game from the ground up with touch controls in mind, and it works phenomenally well. You can play as slow or as fast as you want, and the game won't stop you.
If you like puzzlers, get this game now. It's worth more than they're asking.
I enjoy playing it
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 13, 2015
- Version: 1.0.24
- Size: 59.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Razum
- © 2012-2013 Dawn of Play
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Version (no ads)$2.99