DreamShot - The Screenshot Shortcut
By Silver Beech Studios
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
We are pleased to announce that Dreamshot now supports upload to Imgur with URL to clipboard functionallity!
* Stop cluttering your desktop with screenshots — DreamShot lets you send them directly where you want, with one single keyboard shortcut.
* Each screenshot taken on your mac has a unique purpose. A specific reason for the capture. You need a method of taking screenshots that accommodates for all use cases, not just one or two.
* DreamShot becomes the brains of your screenshot workflow, presenting the most relevant options for dealing with your image. You select a destination, DreamShot sends it, then gets out of the way, with nothing left on your desktop. Try it once, and you’ll never go back.
* "DreamShot fixes all of the madness" - David Sparks of Mac Power Users
HOW IT WORKS
* When you capture an image with DreamShot, you are instantly presented with a large preview of the shot, and a list of options that is generated from the apps and services you use on your Mac. Send the capture anywhere with only one click. You can even print, copy to clipboard, send to Dropbox, custom folders, social networks, or any place that supports image import on your Mac.
YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT
* DreamShot frees your mind from the dozens of shortcuts required to work with screenshots on a Mac. Apps like Evernote, Skitch, Droplr, Cloud, and Voilà all have their own associated shortcuts to remember if you want to send a shot to them. Now you will be able to go to one place, with one shortcut, and have it adapt to why you are taking a particular screenshot, each and every time.
* Sync your shots between Dreamshot on the Mac and the IOS version. Even viewing your latest shot from your Mac on your Apple Watch. Convenient for referencing a quick bit of info on the go.
* Capture with Shift+CMD+D or any custom shortcut you choose.
* The menubar panel holds your previous screenshots for easy reuse.
* Drag a screenshot from the preview window to anywhere on your Mac.
* Hide unwanted destinations from view.
* Set a 'Favorites' destination to any place on your Mac.
* Instantly see a large preview of your screen capture and retake if needed.
* Instantly print, save, copy to clipboard, or open and edit preview.
* Responsive developers that love to hear from you!
SUPPORTED APPS AND SERVICES:
* iCloud Sync!
* Sketchbook Pro
* Sketchbook Express
* Our goal is for DreamShot to become the default screenshot application on your Mac. We love hearing all the stories of how you are using DreamShot. Please let us know your story, and anything you would like to see in future versions.
If you love DreamShot as much as we do, please help out development by leaving a review. Each time we update, your reviews, as well as our stars, get reset. Please help out by updating your review each time you see us update DreamShot. Your reviews are what keep us moving forward to make DreamShot better.
Thanks so much,
The SBS Team
* “The perfect replacement for Grab”
* “I have to say that this application is amazing!”
* "This App is a dream for my software testing. Not only does it give you quick access to multiple save/share/export options, but the simplicity is just a breath of fresh air. I use iMessage 24/7 and this app is a huge help when I need to take and post photos quickly of what I'm working on."
* 5 stars!!! AWESOME APP!! Thanks again!
What's New in Version 2.5.1
Bug fixes and optimizations.
Note: v2.5.1 Just released and it still doesn’t work but this time it crashes after the click and when choosing ‘reopen’ it crashes again.
This, if anyone cares, is on a 27” Retina iMac with 2 screens.
If the developer wants the problem report just ask. I’ve tried to contact them over a dozen times and can’t get a response.
I had hopes that this version would fix the problem with Sierra capturing a partial area of the screen, but it doesn’t
They raised the price by $2 and it still doesn’t work.
I was hopeful when I saw the capture cursor, but when I dragged over the area I wanted to capture and hear the encouraging shutter sound…. that was it.
No window, no interface, no direction as to where the screen show was, nothing!
I even tried booting into Sierra usng safe boot holding down the shift key to see if something was getting in the way, but that didn’t fix anything.
I’ve been trying to contact SilverBeech Studios for at least a month, but there’s no one home.
So unusable and no support.
Somewhat Buggy on SIERRA
The latest update seems to have addressed some of the initial issues related to SIERRA. I still encounter a complete freeze of the program after deleting several screen captures causing me to have to force close it. Then upon re-opening the program, I get absolutely no response from clicking on the taskbar icon. No dropdown or anything. It remains non-functional until I reboot. And since I am not able to restart my computer very often due to a constant workflow, the program is still useless to me in it’s current state.
2.5.1 makes an important fix!
The app became useless when I updated to Sierra and the developer didn’t see to be supporting it anymore. I had to abandon using it and find another screen capture tool. Fortunatly 2.5.1 fixes the biggest bug and now allows you to do partial screen captures. So its earned its way back to my tool bar.