This is a project for Drilling and Well Control optimized for iPhone 6 Plus and 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
It is based on the apps "Drilling Simulator" and "Well Control Simulator 2" available in our portfolio on the App Store.
This is a basic drilling simulator that simulates drilling operations based in panels for kick detection, shut-in the well, stabilisation of pressures and the choke operations during the well control operations using a hydraulic choke panel simulator.
1. Driller Interface based on Pressure Gauge, Weight Indicator, Rotary Torque gauge and Geolograph.
2. Choke Interface based on Hydraulic Choke Panel.
3. Graph in full screen (with background color in black or white) for analysis.
1. Pre-recorded data view
2. Screen layout optimized for 12.9-inch iPad Pro (High Resolution)
3. Three codes (admin, instructor, student) to view the gas into the borehole, the pressure at bottom, at shoe and at bop and to enable / disable the Lag Time (by adjusting the choke to change the kill pressure and drill pipe pressure, etc).
4. Use the arrow keys on keyboard for iPad Pro to operate the choke.
1. Pre-recorded data available in the well configuration views.
2. Screen layout optimized for iPhones 6 / Plus (High Resolution)
3. All features available without codes.
Other features also available:
A graphical very useful tool for training of roughnecks, derrickman, drillers, toolpusher, drilling engineers and students in the well control procedures.
- Ability to drilling, kick detection, shut-in, stabilisation of pressures;
- Interactive System: no pre-set methods;
- Ability to apply control methods: Driller's method, wait and weight, dynamic volumetric and static volumetric (lubricate and bleed);
- Hydraulics and Hydrostatics;
- Behavior of the kick;
- Applied with subsea stack or surface stack;
- Set well with until 4 sections: riser, casing, liner, open hole ;
- Set Drill String with drill pipe1, drill pipe2, heavy weight, drill collar1, drill collar2
Others apps very useful of our portfolio for Well Control:
- Drilling Hydraulics
- Kick Tolerance
- Leak-Off Test Simulator
- Leak-Off Test Analyzer
- Well Control Methods
- Well Control Worksheets
These tools can complement (work with) this simulator by creating files which can be used in this application;
Kick Model in this simulator:
The model assumes that the kick starts as a single bubble at the bottom of the hole and migrates upward as a single bubble from the bottom to the surface.
These tools & materials are provided 'as is' without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
Please verify the tools provided by this application by yourself before you use them. Ensure you understand the impact of using these tools.
Any use you choose to make of these tools & materials is undertaken by you entirely at you own risk.
- added new features for directional and horizontal wells
- added ability to edit drill string section names
- improved compatibility to import data from other apps
Ratings and Reviews
For the money it's pretty good.
I am currently a petroleum engineering student taking well control courses. I thought it would be a pretty cool app to have to practice on, and it is very similar and realistic in many ways. However, the program is EXTREMELY laggy. Sometimes it will literally just freeze up during kick circulation. Also, I would like to see controls to make the kick encounter time shorter. It's frustrating to have to wait 20 minutes for a kick to come up. That being said, I am comparing it to the $50k simulators that my school uses so maybe I am just expecting unrealistic results. I am still fairly pleased with my purchase though and hope that future updates solves my problems.
- Carlos Moura
- 13.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright (c) 2015 Carlos Moura. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.