We help people quit or cut back on drinking.
Drawing from evidence-based therapies for alcohol addiction such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET), Drinker’s Helper helps you stop drinking or cut back on drinking with a combination of tracking, insights into your drinking, support groups, and motivational exercises.
For free, you can:
* Set a moderate drinking goal or decide on sobriety
* Take an alcohol test to determine how your drinking compares to the norm
* Use our drink tracker to track drinks and urges to drink
* Make a pledge to stop drinking alcohol for a certain number of days and track your sobriety
* Try a few sample exercises to help you deal with urges to drink
With DH Plus, our paid subscription, you can:
* Go beyond the drink tracker to get insight into why you drink, with statistics and benchmarks so you can develop strategies to stay sober
* Join a personalized support group of other members to chat with when you need advice
* Gain access to the rest of our library of over 75 chat-based exercises to help you stay motivated to stop drinking or cut back on drinking, deal with urges to drink, and confront the anxiety and depression that often lead to drinking
DH Plus subscription pricing and terms:
Though Drinker’s Helper is free to download and use, we offer a premium subscription (DH Plus) that unlocks additional features. You can try out DH Plus free for 1 WEEK, and if you enjoy your trial, your subscription will automatically continue for as long as you choose to remain a member.
The pricing and rates for auto-renewing subscriptions are as follows:
1 month for $14.99 (USD)
3 months for $38.99 (USD)
6 months for $59.99 (USD)
Your payment will be charged on the last day of the current billing period. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current 1, 3, or 6 month periods, for the same amount and package duration as the package you choose: $59.99 every 6 months, or $38.99 every 3 months, or $14.99 every 1 month.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. Your membership starts as soon as you set up payment with iTunes. Any unused portion of your free trial will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Terms & conditions: https://www.drinkershelper.com/terms-and-conditions
Important note: Drinker’s Helper is not a substitute for medical treatment. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911, and if you have medical questions or concerns, please see a doctor.
We’ve completely re-designed the app to make it much easier to quit or cut back on drinking alcohol. Here are just some of the new features:
* Tracking: We made it much easier to monitor your drinking AND urges to drink, with a new visual drink tracker
* Pledges: We added a new way to set a goal to stay sober for a certain number of days.
* Insights: We added stats that show your improvement over time, and help you compare your drinking to others’
* Library: We’ve introduced a visual library of over 75 short exercises that help you stay motivated to quit or cut back on drinking
Ratings and Reviews
Quiz not specific. For severe drinkers only. No part of app is free.
So, the quiz they use to measure only allows you to select monthly, weekly, daily or never for most questions. This doesn’t really help a moderate drinker who might say, drink and experience partial memory loss a couple times a year. Either, you never have ever (which, let’s be honest, doesn’t apply to many people) or you do it monthly, and you’ve got a problem. So, really, this app is only for severe drinkers. Not helpful for moderate drinkers.
Also, this app is not free. It’s just free for the first week if you agree to a plan and give them your credit card info.
Helped me understand why I drank
This app helped me realize that I did most of my drinking as a way to celebrate when good things happened. I went from frequent drinking to sticking with a goal to finally just stopping altogether.
This is app is extremely helpful. Thank you.
- Drinker’s Helper, LLC
- 160.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Korean
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Drinker's Helper LLC
- In-App Purchases
- DH Plus $14.99
- DH Plus $59.99
- DH Plus $38.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.