Drinks Meter offers anonymous, objective feedback on your alcohol use and comparison to thousands of people’s drinking habits worldwide.
It’s not just about the drinks — it’s about who you are, how you drink and the impact it has on your life.
So, if you want to see what your drinking equates to in cheeseburgers, your score on a medical alcohol screener or just how it all adds up, Drinks Meter shows how you compare.
Your drinking in cost, calories and units
• Weekly drink calculator with drink types, strengths and bottle/glass sizes from around the world
• Weekly total in units and standard sized drinks
• Weekly financial spend
• Calorie counter — measure your drinks in cheeseburgers, chocolate bars and potato chips
Measure and compare to the anonymous database
• Comparison to over 6,000 other people’s anonymous drinking habits worldwide
• World Health Organisation alcohol AUDIT screener used by doctors worldwide
• Adjusted alcohol consumption based on your medical and family history
• Comparison to national alcohol guidelines
Get objective, personalised advice
• Why risks matter — from heart medication to mental health
• Tips for the future and cutting down
• Alcohol laws, driving and safer sex advice
• Links to NHS services (UK only)
Save and track your drinking
• Potential health, alcoholic unit, calorie and financial savings if potentially unnecessary drinks are removed
• Drinks tracker
• On-screen and email results summary
All information you submit to Drinks Meter is unidentifiable and untraceable.
Drinks Meter stores the anonymous data from all submissions and compiles an ever-growing database which future results are then compared to, to build a picture of how people are drinking around the world.
Drinks Meter isn’t funded by any government, political party or industry body and is committed to giving honest, accurate information by working with medical experts from around the world.
Drinks Meter was developed by Dr. Adam R. Winstock MBBS, BSc, MSc, MD, MRCP, MRCPsych, FAChAM — a Consultant Psychiatrist and Addiction Medicine Specialist from the UK and Australia.
• Single session allows for multiple submissions
Ratings and Reviews
Realistic friendly tone, nice interface, very insightful. I have a new perspective that's going to help me balance my consumption.
This app is off
The real issues of drinking are not addressed. The other issues are not accurate. It makes assumptions such as the cost of your alcohol being the same each time and compares the calories in alcohol for one week to the total of calories (RDA) for 1 day. I'm sorry I wasted my time.
Easy to track consumption and compare to average
- Global Drug Survey Ltd
- 7.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Global Drug Survey
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.