Drive and Jump: 8-bit retro racing action
By Stephen Ceresia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- IGN: "Brilliant!"
- 148apps: "...an enjoyable romp for fans of the NES era of gaming"
- AppAdvice (4/5 stars)
- "If law enforcement catches you driving like this, you'll receive a high score... of 15-20 years IN JAIL." - Sheriff John Bunnel
Out run the cops by driving and jumping! Collect cash, but do not crash.
Inspired by the bumping and jumping NES and arcade classics, Drive and Jump features 4 different stages of retro racing recklessness!
- Simple controls, one hand play
- I think the background music is pretty cool
- There's a whale in the middle of the road... that's pretty weird!
How to play
- Tilt to drive using your iPhone/iPod/iPad accelerometer OR swipe using touch control setting
- Tap to jump!
- Stay on the road! Don't hit anything...
- UNLESS you hit a POW strip... then you are wild
- Collect money bags
Youtube video: http://bit.ly/driveandjumpvideo
Why not say hello to me on the Twitter? :) @stephenceresia
What's New in Version 1.4
- Fix for crash on iOS 5. Sorry! :(
Incredibly addictive retrogame with poor collision detection
I love old school 8-bit era games. No complex instructions, no unnecessary background stories, just gaming in its pure, unadulterated form. You pick it up and you know what to do.
Drive and jump is a perfect example of this and I've spend more time on it I'd care to admit.
It's almost perfect if it wasn't for two issues, particularly evident if you play it on an iPad: the collision detection is frustratingly poor (you hit other cars or the helicopter even if no single pixel of that obstable is even close to your car) and the tap to jump is too often a hit and miss.
These two issues take away some of the fun as, in a game that is all about control too often you don't feel, well, in control .
I'd still recommend it to anyone interested in the genre but I hope for a fix.
This game is like a zoomed-in "Bump 'N Jump"/"Burnin' Rubber", but different enough from those titles to be its own game. The touch-based control method works great and makes this game a lot of fun. I recommend "Drive and Jump: 8-bit retro racing action" whole-heartedly.
What's not to love?
Simple and addicting. Brings you back to a time when video games were fun
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 17, 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stephen Ceresia
- © 2013 Stephen Ceresia
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.