Drive Mounty is an essential tool for anyone using network drives (i.e. NAS):
• Add a network drive for monitoring.
• Drive Mounty will automatically try to reconnect it when it disappears (such as when installing an update).
• Once the network drive is available, Drive Mounty will remount it!
• Simple to use interface.
• Integrated with Notification Centre to keep track of events and allow you to monitor what has happened.
• Ability to set connection attempt limits or have it keep trying forever!
• Once the network drive is configured (with username and password stored to the keychain), no user input is required.
• Autonomous mode - Drive Mounty can be configured to run on startup and minimised so it doesn't get in your way whilst it's keeping an eye on your network drives.
• Unlimited number of network drives can be monitored (requires in-app purchase).
• Home network mode - Drive Mounty will only try to reconnect to your devices when on your home network. If away, it won't attempt to! You can update your home network in the preferences and turn this option on or off.
• Sleep and Wake detection - Drive mounty will now stop and restart monitoring when you Mac goes to sleep or wakes.
Please note: This version (without the one-time in-app purchase) will only allow you to monitor one network drive and once a drive has been reconnected it will stop monitoring. This version is free to allow you to evaluate the app features.
Added the following requested feature:
• Enable / Disable home networking option - You can now chose whether the home networking option is enabled or not.
Ratings and Reviews
Does Not Work, No Support
I purchased this app and undortunately it does not work. Often when resuming from sleep, MacOS does not refresh SMB network shares automatically, which is why reconnecting to network drives is so difficult. I purchased this app to do just that, but I still have to manually reset my network connection in terminal and relaunch Finder to get anything to work. The developer’s “support” link takes you to a website that has no support or contact info of any kind, so there is nowhere to submit a bug or support ticket, or even an email contact. Happy to change my review if the developer actually provides support and fixes the app.
Hi there - sorry that you’ve been having some issues with the app. I’ve been receiving and responding to support requests via my blog since the release of the app. The issue that you have mentioned has been resolved (and confirmed by others with similar issues) in v1.0.6. Please can I ask you to try the update and let me know via my blog: garrywhitten.com. Thx.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.