Drive on Moscow: War in the Snow
By Shenandoah Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Drive on Moscow is a triumph, a game as sweeping as the campaign it seeks to simulate.” - Gamezebo
Drive on Moscow: War in the Snow, a new strategy game from the award-winning makers of Battle of the Bulge, invites you to take command of the pivotal battle of World War II!
Defend the homeland as the Soviets, or lead a bold push to seize the Soviet capital as the Axis.
As commander, direct your troops across a detailed campaign map, capturing territory and planning strategies. You must overcome your opponent, vast distances, and extreme weather to achieve victory. Featuring turn-based gameplay and an award-winning UI design, Drive on Moscow is built from the ground up for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Play online, face-to-face or against challenging AI opponents. With accessible rules, Drive on Moscow is a great wargame experience for casual and veteran players alike.
• Play as the Soviets or the Axis across three scenarios and the full campaign
• Command tanks, cavalry, infantry, airborne and more
• Play against multiple distinct AI opponents tailored for each scenario
• Online play is better than ever with enhanced chat features, new Game Center UI, and more opponent information
• Experience Russian winter on a map that changes with the weather
• Replay entire games to see every move and savor your triumphs
• New leaderboards and stats let you compete on a global scale
• Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
• Full rules are included for advanced players
• Includes extensive historical photos and commentary
• Designed by Ted Raicer, award-winning designer of Paths of Glory
What Reviewers are Saying:
“Not only does Drive on Moscow match the deft, beguiling presentation of its predecessor, but nearly every decision has the heft of a Soviet hammer.” - Pocket Tactics
“…if you liked Battle of the Bulge, this is about as must-have as it gets for you.” - Touch Arcade
“The ultimate question isn’t whether Drive on Moscow is the most realistic war game of the Moscow campaign, but rather whether it teaches you something about history, allows you to have fun and makes the experience convenient. Where the Germans failed to take Moscow, Drive on Moscow succeeds as a game.” – War is Boring
“This sequel is just as deep and engrossing as the original” - Pocket Gamer
"Drive on Moscow is in so many ways the ultimate example of strategy gaming, because it's one of the few that requires genuine military strategy of its players in order for them to succeed." - Digitally Downloaded
"Für Liebhaber von Wargames geht kein Weg an diesem Schmuckstück vorbei, zumal man sich auch online wunderbar duellieren kann." - 4Players.de
What's New in Version 2.0.2
• Fixed retreat bugs
• Fixed problems with Game Center games
• Corrected rules and updated artwork
• More accurate count of playable matches
• Be sure playtester Mitch Reed is credited
• Even more bug fixes
Great turn based wargame
At first, I was put off by the previous reviewer that said could not duplicate Army Group Center's operational tactics. But ...
3 breakthrough lanes (3 panzer units):
(1) North (i.e. Game left) Vladimirskoye
(2) Center (middle) Zhukova
(3) South (game right) Shostka
* Interdict armor at Bryansk
* Use 1st prepared offensives at 3 lanes
* Use 2nd prepared offensives North & Center
* Do no other attacks
* Use movement only for mobile follow-on
* Encircle Bryansk & Vyazma
* Practice using PvP mode
Love turn based games with a twist: back & forth moves & battles that puts a paramount importance on positional warfare:
(1) Hit the enemy where they are most vulnerable in numbers & terrain
(2) Surround the rest & starve them
(2) Make the enemy attack your best defense in numbers & terrain to your advantage
How else do you think the War in the East lasted so long: sledge hammers only work if you have the numbers. German sludge hammers failed at Stalingrad while the Russians broke threw the vulnerable German allies. The German sledge hammer approach will also fail at the Gates of Moscow.
Battle to move - move to battle
Movement costs time - battles cost lives
Living to keep on moving,
First of all, let me say I am quite grateful that someone actually made this game, or games of this genre for the iPad.
That being said, this game simply does not work. If you are of the school that says that you should be roughly able to duplicate what happened historically. You can't do that in this game. Basically to be successful, you have to sledge-hammer your way through the Soviet lines, which is not what Army Group Centre was doing at that stage of the war.
The areas are too small. Armour does not move far enough. What made the Germans almost successful was the ability to exploit breakthroughs with their tanks and move swiftly over long distances, and encircle large bodies of troops. The exact same tactics the Soviets and Americans used later in the war. This is more like playing World War I battles.
Best wargame for iOS
This is by far the most fun tactical and strategic game for the iPad. The first few playthroughs I didn't really have the hang of it. However now I can win most games. It's all about punching through your enemy line and driving forward as much as possible. But the AI is good… And a lot of fun to play. When you get bored against The AI there appears to be good online play as well.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 31, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 936 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shenandoah Studio LLC
- © 2013-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.