“Drive on Moscow is a triumph, a game as sweeping as the campaign it seeks to simulate.” - Gamezebo
Drive on Moscow: War in the Snow is a strategy game from the makers of Battle of the Bulge. You will take command of a pivotal battle of World War II as you seek to defend the homeland as the Soviets, or lead a bold push to seize the Soviet capital as the Axis.
As commander, you direct your troops across a detailed campaign map, capturing territory and planning strategies. You must overcome your opponent, vast distances, and extreme weather to achieve victory. Featuring turn-based gameplay and an award-winning UI design, you will play online, face-to-face or against a challenging AI opponents.
With accessible rules, Drive on Moscow is a great wargame experience for casual and veteran players alike.
• Play as the Soviets or the Axis across three scenarios and the full campaign
• Command tanks, cavalry, infantry, airborne and more
• Play against multiple distinct AI opponents tailored for each scenario
• Online play is better than ever with enhanced chat features, new Game Center UI, and more opponent information
• Experience Russian winter on a map that changes with the weather
• Replay entire games to see every move and savor your triumphs
• New leaderboards and stats let you compete on a global scale
• Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
• Full rules are included for advanced players
• Includes extensive historical photos and commentary
• Designed by Ted Raicer, award-winning designer of Paths of Glory
What Reviewers are Saying:
“Not only does Drive on Moscow match the deft, beguiling presentation of its predecessor, but nearly every decision has the heft of a Soviet hammer.” - Pocket Tactics
“…if you liked Battle of the Bulge, this is about as must-have as it gets for you.” - Touch Arcade
“The ultimate question isn’t whether Drive on Moscow is the most realistic war game of the Moscow campaign, but rather whether it teaches you something about history, allows you to have fun and makes the experience convenient. Where the Germans failed to take Moscow, Drive on Moscow succeeds as a game.” – War is Boring
“This sequel is just as deep and engrossing as the original” - Pocket Gamer
"Drive on Moscow is in so many ways the ultimate example of strategy gaming, because it's one of the few that requires genuine military strategy of its players in order for them to succeed." - Digitally Downloaded
"Für Liebhaber von Wargames geht kein Weg an diesem Schmuckstück vorbei, zumal man sich auch online wunderbar duellieren kann." - 4Players.de
Fixed PBEM issue
Ratings and Reviews
Pro: The game is simple to learn and you can be playing quickly. If you have Bulge you just need to learn the special rules. It is a nice game where you focus on playing it and not working out detailed management.
Con: The game depends heavily on special rules. They are really the game, whether Soviet s units are frozen early, mud, frost, trees, roads and German supply. The German army cannot both move and fight which makes for silly situations sometimes.
A good German player will win or set up the win in the first five moves and there really is not much the Soviet player can do about it. A novice player will find the Soviets easier to play. If the Soviets survive Oper. Typhoon well enough you have a good contest. It will be a long wait till the counteroffensive. The map is done by areas and it is a puzzle you must solve. It's a decent contest and best played with humans. The computerAI is only good for initial experience but vastly improved over first edition. I like the simplicity of play and find it interesting but not great.
First time playing this series, but the playing is smooth and easy to learn. Relies a bit on luck though, and can get somewhat repetitive. Need more varied ai to get 5 stars... As for price, I got it in the sale. 10 is a bit steep though.
Original was a perfect game, but Build 1.08 is buggy.
Fun to play as the Germans, over and over; but the latest version is unstable, with very touchy controls.
- Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- 256.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ©Slitherine Ltd. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.