By General Motors Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Free lifetime membership!**
Maven is a more connected, seamless car sharing experience. Maven offers new cars, loaded with technology. Gas and insurance are always included, and there are no annual or application fees. Hourly rates as low as $8 + tax.
*** Why Maven?
- Free lifetime membership
- Hourly rates as low as $8 + taxes
- Gas and insurance are included
- Your phone is the key to the car
- New cars, loaded with technology (Apple CarPlay™, free unlimited 4G LTE WiFi, SiriusXM Satellite Radio™, 24/7 access to live OnStar Advisors)
*** What you need to join Maven
- Be 18+ years old
- Have a valid driver’s license (International driver’s licenses require manual approval)
- Have a valid credit card
*** What cities is Maven in?
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Denver, CO
- Detroit, MI
- Jersey City, NJ
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York, NY (available to Maven Home residents only)
- San Francisco, CA
- Washington, DC
- More coming soon!
*** What cars does Maven have?
- Electric: Chevrolet Volt
- Compact: Chevrolet Cruze
- Sedan: Chevrolet Malibu, , or Cadillac ATS
- Crossover: GMC Acadia
- SUV: Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Yukon, or Cadillac Escalade
*** How to enjoy your Maven experience
1. Find a car on your terms. Search by location or car type in the app.
2. Heat/cool the car up to 8 minutes in advance to have the car ready-to-go when you arrive.
3. Hit unlock when you’re near the car to open the doors – your phone is your key to everything.
4. Step on the brake and press the Start/Stop Engine button to start the car.
5. When you’re finished with the car, just drop it off at the same station you picked it up. Hit “End Trip” in the app to end your reservation.
*** What people are saying about Maven
“The process was so easy and the car was really clean. Loved that I didn’t have to worry about paying for gas!” – Kate B.
“Amazing service. They have great cars, very helpful and professional staff and good prices.” – Mani K.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-HIMAVEN (446-2836).
What's New in Version 1.13
To make Maven better for you, we've updated our app. This update includes bug fixes and stability improvements.
Not a Car Replacement
Let me start by saying that I am not the person who has one bad experience and then slams a company with a negative review. But that being said, you need to know that for Maven to fit into your life it should be used as a 'car supplement' not a 'car replacement.' I have tried to use it as the latter and have been let down quite frequently. The most common is when cars aren't available when I need them. However, I have made a reservation and the car wasn't actually there. I have also had a perfectly adequate credit card declined when I showed up to the car after I made a reservation the day before. There is no way to let Maven know what can be improved upon anywhere else. I hope someone will see this and help future customers be serviced better.
Easier than I thought it would be
Love the smart phone controls. So much easier than an electronic card. Not sure, however, it would work in a place with thick walls or weak signals. But my first experience was excellent. The rate was very competetive, the location within an easy walk, and the car was peppy and fun to drive. I use Uber/Lyft/Enterprise Car Share/Truro to get around when I need wheels. I am car free in Boston by choice and rent wheels by the hour when needed. I'll stick with Maven for now!
Couldn't even Sign Up
Really wanted to try Maven as they didn't have a monthly charge compared to Zipcar. Tried registering for an account 3 times and each time I get an error message despite me making every effort to make sure every field has been filled out. Also couldn't get the app to stay on the year 1987 for my date of birth. Everytime I selected it, it pushed me to 1988 which got super annoying quickly.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 15, 2017
- Version: 1.13
- Size: 28.3 MB
- Languages: English, Italian, Portuguese
- Seller: General Motors
- © General Motors Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.