General Insurance of Cyprus is leading the way again! Their latest innovation, the Drive Safe mobile app, records driving behaviour, helping drivers to become even better on the road and to be more eco-friendly, as well as earning them a discount on the renewal of their insurance. In this way, General Insurance of Cyprus is contributing to the effort by the state to reduce the road traffic accidents.
With Drive Safe, the driver is given information at the end of every journey about their driving behaviour and a score (0 – 100). The driver is immediately able to recognise weak areas in their driving and improve on them straight away during their next trip. The driver can also look at their driving behaviour over time and see how it compares with other drivers. At the same time, they can also see whether they will be entitled to a discount on renewal of their insurance Policy with General Insurance of Cyprus.
How does it work
Using the sensors and Location Service of the mobile phone, Drive Safe is able to identify the beginning and end of each journey and evaluate the driving behavior of the user/vehicle.
The score for each trip and the total score of the driver is calculated using the advanced scoring model of Drive Safe which takes into consideration:
• Driving in excess of the speed limit,
• Using the mobile phone whilst driving,
• Braking (sudden and aggressive braking),
• Acceleration (sharp and aggressive acceleration) and
• Driving during the most dangerous hours (00:00 - 05:00).
The scoring ranges from 0 - 100, with 100 being the optimum.
Drive Safe provides the driver with a full and detailed analysis of every trip, pointing out those areas where the driving was not ideal.
Battery and internet connection
Drive Safe has been designed and developed to ensure minimal battery consumption. When not driving, the expected consumption is negligible (<1% every 24 hours), while when driving, it is 3-5% per hour.
Drive Safe does not require an Internet connection to operate. However, to improve the logging process, it is recommended that you have Wi-Fi and / or Data (3G / 4G) enabled.
The use of state-of-the-art mobile technology to evaluate driving behaviour requires the use of personal data, an issue which General Insurance of Cyprus takes very seriously and we have ensured that the confidentiality of the data is absolutely secure. More information regarding the processing of your personal data can be found in the Terms of the App or the GIC Privacy Statement (www.gic.com.cy).
Bug fixes and improvements.
- GENERAL INSURANCE OF CYPRUS LTD
- 62.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, Greek
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- 2018 © OSeven Telematics Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.