Drivetime is the world’s first and only app that lets you play trivia while you drive!
Are you one of the 110 million North Americans who drives to and from work by yourself? Do you wish you could play games, safely, while you drive your car? Well wish no longer - Drivetime is here to beat the boredom of the daily commute!
You can challenge friends, family and coworkers to a game of trivia, with fresh games every day of the working week, Monday through Friday. Thanks to recent advances in speech recognition technology, we are finally able to offer you gaming using just your voice - designed specifically with the commuter driver in mind. Keep your hands on the wheel where they belong, focus your eyes on the road where they should be, but open your mind (and your mouth) to the fun and entertaining challenge of daily trivia - all while driving your car! How 21st century is that?
Drivetime is perfect for trivia novices and experts alike - our escalating difficulty scales just like your trivia knowledge! We’ve optimized everything to fit into your daily commute to and from work, so take a break from the same old boring radio stations, podcasts and music streaming services and play some trivia already!
Test your knowledge across our 7 trivia categories covering:
* TV & Film
* History & Society
* The World
* Science & Technology
* Sports & Leisure
Each daily episode features three quizzes of 7 questions each - growing in difficulty as you progress. The quizzes are presented by two real-life hosts (and sometimes special guest stars), who will entertain and educate you as you make your way through each show.
* Daily, weekly, monthly and all-time leaderboards so you can see how you’re doing against others
* Completely hands-free gameplay - 100% safe for drivers
* The ability to play entirely in the background - keep your favorite mapping app in the foreground
* The latest speech recognition technology with near-100% accuracy
* The ability to challenge your real-life friends, family and work colleagues
* Notifications that inform you the moment that the day’s show is available, and other key events
* Persistent tracking of your stats, so you can see how you’re improving over time
* 100% privacy - we don’t ever store anything you say
You’re going to find yourself asking - “where has this been all my life?!”
We’re adding new features regularly to make the gameplay even better, so be sure to make Drivetime the best part of your work day!
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
Terms of service: https://www.drivetime.fm/terms-of-service/
• We've improved the Inbox / Voice Messages system by adding additional ways to send messages! You can now initiate messages from the inbox and from the friends page. We also fixed a variety of small issues with the messages system.
• We've improved our speech recognition system to better estimate the delay of your car speakers. This should improve accuracy of speech recognition and also reduce synchronization and lag issues.
• We fixed an issue that could cause "repeat the question" to get stuck in an infinite loop in rare cases.
• We've also fixed a variety of smaller crashes and bugs that some of you have experienced.
As always, let us know any feedback you have at email@example.com - and happy driving!
Ratings and Reviews
I like it! Road trip version?
I like this app! I’m always for learning near things and random facts! I have one question, does this keep going and going if let’s say a person we’re to drive for 7 hours in the car? If not I think it would be great if it could give us questions from previous days, just keep getting questions from days that we missed or in the past because I can see how this can be used as a good road trip game! 😄
Also, could you make an offline version? I’ve played this a few times now and it’s lost connection once I leave my WiFi area. And I can’t exactly stop driving and reconnect, and I don’t like to check my phone while driving either. Thank you! :)
I enjoy this trivia
I really enjoy this trivia game. It’s perfect for on my drive to work. It keeps me awake and ready to start work. The run time is perfect. I start it when I leave my house and end it in the parking lot at work.
I would suggest a few improvements:
1. Allow to play past trivia as much as we want for those long drives.
2. Weekend trivia as well please. Some people work weekends.
3. Allow to play individual. Not everything has to be a competition with another driver cause that part isn’t what interests me. It can get a bit annoying to keep hearing “your winning” or “so and so also answered correctly“ or “it’s all tied up” after each question. Just tell me if I’m right or wrong and how many points I have. It’s the trivia itself I like.
Update: I recently started playing blackjack. It’s cool except for one thing...if you lose the hand, it insults you. If you win a hand, it insults you. PLEASE get rid of the insults. It’s not necessary.
Show hosts are great personalities
The Trivia keeps my mind challenged, but I just as much enjoy the hosts of each days show. They bring character to each episode, and give some interesting background and history on some of the questions and answers to make it more engaging. I hope they stay with the show because they provide so much personality to it. They really make my commute more engaging than just a podcast.
- Drivetime, Inc.
- 64.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Drivetime, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.