Drivewise® Mobile by Allstate
By Allstate Insurance Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Drivewise® Mobile is the new driving app brought to you by Allstate.
• Simply drive like normal – no need to start the app for each trip.
• View your driving stats – compete against your family and friends to see who is the better driver!
• Uses only your phone – no car plug-ins needed.
• Get relevant tips on how to become a safer driver.
This application requires you to be an Allstate customer and enrolled in Drivewise or Star Driver with a valid activation code.
To enroll, simply contact your Allstate agent, or login to your online account at Allstate.com! Drivewise is not available in all states, contact your local Allstate agent for eligibility.
Please note: Drivewise Mobile uses your phone’s GPS services. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.5.0
Improved app performance
To enroll in Drivewise or Star Driver, contact an Allstate Agent or login to your online account at Allstate.com
Cost More Than It Saves
1) Drivewise device is easy to install.
2) App is easy to use for following your performance.
3) Decent discount from All State
1) Drainage of battery - cost to replace car battery exceeds the discount earned for using DriveWise.
2) Discount isn’t so great. The Safe Drive times seem arbitrary and overlapping. It appears AllState has adjusted them a few times, perhaps to offset the discount drivers earn. The more discounts they provide, the less revenue the company has, thus shareholders earn less. This probably accounts for why the safe driving times and less safe have overlapped, No consistency.
3) Discount is disproportionate. I had “A”s and “A+”s across the board, but still only received a 10 percent discount.
Ultimately, we saved about $100 in insurance. We spent about $150 to replace our drained battery. (Battery, labor and time spent trying to find the best price.)
Not worth it in the long run. If they had a device with it’s own battery, that would be far more efficient. Instead, we feel like AllState should pay us an additional $40 for the headache.
App works as advertised to track you driving habits and earn you an insurance rebate, but expect a significant battery life decrease. By design this app ALWAYS runs in the background using GPS positioning even when it is manually closed/killed. As a result, expect your battery life to decrease by around 30%. After installing this app, it is no longer possible to make it through the day without stopping to charge your iPhone. Whether that is worth the insurance rebate is up to you.
I will see.....
It seems like a good idea but the battery drain is an issue. Although, a good work around is to turn off gps location on the app when you are not driving = no battery loss. This is a work around until some other solution is created.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 18, 2014
- Version: 1.5.0
- Size: 46.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Allstate Insurance Company
- ©2014 Allstate Insurance Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.