By Limit Point Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Droffett is a drop application which "flattens" a folder, i.e. moves all files which are descendants of it so that they are directly inside it.
Droffett can also be used to aggregate a set of files by extension. This process will place all files with the same extension into a folder named after that extension. Specify this option using the Preferences window.
Droffett is very easy to use.
How to use Droffett: Simply drag a folder on top of the Droffett application icon in the Finder or the main window. Processing commences immediately. Use the Preferences window to specify various options (see below.)
• Operation: You can either move the files to, or create aliases of them in, the top level folder.
• Treat Bundles as Files: Application packages, bundles, etc. may be condsidered folders, and their contents will also be moved.
• Rename Duplicates: Once a file is moved any other files with the same name are not moved or are renamed by appending a unique string.
• Aggregate Files By Extension When Done: After the folder is flattened this process will put all files with the same file extension into a folder named by that extension.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Super - works exactly as advertised!
My only criticism - I’d like to flatten multiple directories in batch automatically - sequentially in a queue or in parallel.
Currently one must do them one at a time, manually.
That takes more time and attention if one has many directories to do ( such as many different Apple Mail mbox folders ).
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 22, 2016
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Limit Point Software
- Copyright © 2005-2016 Limit Point LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.4.4 or later