By New Wave Industries, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On Sale for a Limited Time!
Some Great New Features on the way!!!!
**READ BEFORE PURCHASE**
This app is a remote control for Parrot’s AR Drone quadrocopter. If you do not own the AR Drone, do not purchase this app – it is only designed to work with the AR Drone from Parrot and will not be effective with other hardware or RC devices. Also make sure that you have a compatible device. The Drone Captain App is currently supported on iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4th Generation, iPod Touch 3rd Generation with front facing camera. Devices NOT supported include: iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1st and 2nd Generation, iPod Touch 3rd Generation without a front facing camera (8GB model).
The Drone Captain App is an easy to use remote control for Parrot’s AR Drone quadrocopter. Fly your AR Drone from your iPhone or iPod Touch (see device compatibility above) and take pictures from either of the two built in cameras in the Drone.
· HD Resolution
· Dual view/Picture-in-Picture viewing from both Drone cameras
· Take pictures while in flight either manually (one at a time), or at a pre-determined automatic interval
· Manage your pictures for the Camera Roll
· Share your flight pictures through Facebook, email
· All graphics optimized for the iPhone 4 retina display
· Firmware manager included
This application is not endorsed by Parrot.
If you need support or want to see something added the Drone Captain App, please contact us
What's New in Version 1.5
- Now With a Co-Pilot Mode to allow friends and family join in the fun. The Co-Pilot can see what the captain sees and take their own pictures.
- Users can now choose between different Drone Captain Character.
- The improved media library allows you to better organize and share pictures that you've captured during flight.
Great Drone App! Love my new Drone!
This app is great. The New Co-pilot is great now i can let other people join in on the fun. It's very easy to learn and operates smoothly. I like the way it's laid out while flying- easy to still see the camera view and can even do picture in picture or switch quickly between the two cameras. Also, there's an option in there that lets you switch to a left handed mode so the controls are reversed. Nice job!
Not much more than official app
It's definitely not worth it. I was curious to see how it'd be but a couple of things make this a waste of $3:
1. The video is split between the two phones: one phone sees one second then it freezes for a second while the second phone gets one second of playback and so on. Makes flying much harder or at least a much worse experience.
2. The official app does the same thing! I didn't know that but you can connect two phones to the drone at the same time. Only the first one can control it but you'll see the video (though at that same weird half rate) on both.
The only thing that this brings is the ability to take a picture of the video without showing the controls. Not worth the price for me. (nb: if you press the power and home buttons at the same time it takes a picture of your screen regardless of the app, so that's one way to get that)
Waste of money
I wish i could get the money i paid for this back i went to Brooke stone where i got my drone and tried to fly my drone even the guys who fly and sell them every day couldnt figure out what was wrong we flew it had tons of control issues then we tried to land it it wouldnt work had to shut my phone off just to power down my drone thank god i want flying it out side it might of flown away on me total waste of money worst app for 6 bucks ever
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 25, 2011
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 8.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: New Wave Industries, Inc.
- © Drone Captain 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.