By Logic Consulting LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Drone Master has one of the easiest ways to fly your AR.Drone with your iPhone 4/4S or iPod touch 4th Generation. It simply makes the AR.Drone clone your phone, this includes the heading. Drone Master is a multi control for your AR.Drone, offering three new ways to control your drone. Works with drone firmware 1.4.7 to 1.7.11. It is not a standard RC style controller. Do you get confused using RC controllers? When the drone turns towards you, do you confuse left and right? Then clone control mode will help you.
Always wait for a battery level prior to take-off.
Got a Mac? Check out Drone Station on the Mac App Store. You can fly with joysticks, Wii Controllers, Xbox, PS3 controllers and more.
Visit http://drone-apps.com for more information and videos.
If you are looking for a normal type controller full of features, please check out Drone Ace. It offers 26 combinations of controls, LED control, and video recording. You can use Drone Master with Drone Ace as well. Control with Drone Master and record video with Drone Ace at the same time.
You must have a Parrot AR.Drone quadracopter to use this app.
The autonomous stalking mode and light controls will work on any iOS 4.0+ device.
The other control modes require the gyroscope currently only found in the iPhone 4, 4th Generation iPod touch, and iPad 2.
Drone Master gives you three methods of control.
1. Clone Control: The drone matches the movements of your device (iPhone 4, iPod) for pitch, roll, and yaw. This is a first of it's kind app. No other controller lets you control yaw. It is probably the easiest method of control for anyone as you can use only one hand. If you have multiple drones and devices, you can fly multiple drones at the same time by stacking your iPhones/iPods.
2. Stalker Control: Object Tracking comes to the app store... Makes the drone automatically follow either hull tapes or other hulls.
3. Boat Control. Control your drone with a pilot stick. Tilt either left or right and the drone will yaw and roll in that direction. Push forward for more throttle, or pull back to reverse. Makes the drone act like a boat or airplane. You need lots of room for this control.
BONUS: Full control over the preset light emitting diode patterns. Our favorite is the "Green Red Snake".
Double Tap the video screen to take a picture to the camera roll.
Shake while flying for emergency engine cut off.
Shake while on the ground to flat trim.
Optional flat trim before every take off without doing anything.
Extra large battery meter.
Optional emergency vibrate.
Audible battery and emergency warnings.
Remembers all your settings for the next time you fly, even if you use another app.
Visual settings for flying maximums. (No need to guess how fast some number of degrees per second or millimeters per second are in reality.)
What's New in Version 1.2
Now can run on iPad 2 allowing for clone control using the gyroscope.
Clone control allows Drone Ace (new app coming soon) to be used as display/recording device. Control with Drone Master and watch from Drone Ace.
One excellent control setting.
This app is a solid 4! I've upped my rating after spending time with other Drone control apps. The "clone control" feature beats the rest of the control software out there. It uses the gyro feature on the iPhones/iPads to orient the drone. It's so useful when flying at high altitude and distance
There are just some refinements that are needed to make this a solid app. A few times the drone ignored my command to land so i just lowered altitude and manually landed the craft.
The gyro will sometimes go out of sync with your drone and result (while using your Clone Control feature) in the craft bring offset by 45 degrees or less.
By far the Clone Control setting on this app is the easiest to use of all the apps out there. It's intuitive, natural and you don't have kill brain cells when flying in reverse.
This app is amazing!
I purchased the drone and had some trouble getting the reverse orientation when the drone faced me. This just solved it, I turn my iPad and I know which way the Drone will go!
Worth every penny this app.
I would rated this 5 star is this had the following features :
- Camera modes in the clone mode.
- iPad controls. I was dissapointed when I found out it only has the iphone resolution and I need to go X2 on the ipad, it's not very comfortable.
- Better gyro sync. I need to resync everytime I make a sharp turn, and this if solved would be awesome!
- Logs. I would love to have some logs of my flight, how much time I was in the air, which altitude I got to etc.
Needs an update
The app would be cool if it actually worked. Yeah , there are a lot of cool features that you cant use because the AR drone is updated to the point where the app is out dated and useless the only use i got from this app was using it as a christmas tree ornament because thats the only thing that worked.
Until the get it updated...
DO NOT BUY
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 17, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Logic Consulting LLC
- © 2011 Logic Consulting LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.