Drone Station: Multi Control for Your AR.Drone
By Logic Consulting LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Drone Station is a Mac OS X compatible application for remote control of the Parrot AR.Drone 1.0 quadricopter over a WiFi connection. Drone Station allows you to use a variety of commonly available joysticks, gamepads, and controllers to control your drone.
It may be able to fly the AR.Drone 2.0, but there will be no video. We are working on an update to resolve this, but it is not going well. We are unsure if we will be able to make it work at this time.
NOTE: Please disconnect all other networks or this app will not work. Unless your network class is something different than 192.168.1.X you must disconnect all other interfaces. If you don't, you can't connect to the drone. Easy step by step instructions are in the quick reference guide.
Summary of features:
* Compatible with AR.Drone firmware 1.5.1 and above.
* Real time video recording from front and bottom AR.Drone cameras
* Image capture from front and bottom AR.Drone cameras
* Extended range by use of external USB WiFi dongles and antennas
* Animated configuration screen, allows you to see the effects of changes
* Simple drone simulator control check lets you practice your controls before flight
* On screen, animated attitude, altitude, directional, and battery gauges.
* Full Screen mode
* LED light customization
* Preprogrammed Flight Animations
* RC Mode 2 or 3 capability for gamepad controllers
* invertible Altitude Control
List of Compatible Controllers:
* Wired USB Xbox 360(TM) Controllers
* Wired USB PS3(TM) Controllers
* Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick
* Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X (in PS3 mode)
* Logitech Dual Action Gamepad
* Keyboard and Mouse
* Wii(TM) Motion Controllers with Nunchuk and/or Balance Board
Note: Please fly in a safe area, away from humans, animals, and valuables. When using the balance board, make sure you have a large flying area unless you are extremely coordinated. Start with minimal flight maximum settings and work your way up.
If new firmware for the AR.Drone is released, please wait and check this description or the in app news to see if it is compatible.
Always reset your drone after a firmware update to ensure compatibility.
Check out http://drone-apps.com for more information or to contact us
What's New in Version 1.3
-Fixed problem with swap sticks and elevation inversion not getting saved to preferences.
-Increased video feed efficiency.
If you are having a problem connecting, please press the "unpair" button on the bottom of your drone. If you are still having problems, please contact me at email@example.com
If you like Drone Station, please leave a review with every update. Thanks,
Coming from using the ipod to the computer...what a world of difference. I can actually fly this thing without having to look away from the computer screen. I use the playstaion 3 controller and so far no issues. I just plug it into the computer and im flying in no time. I recommend taking it slow at first but once you get comfortable you can push ur drone to its limits. You will be flying higher and farther with this app....just keep your cool when you are up really high. The controls are smooth and sensitivity can be adjusted. Worth every penny. Thanks. p.s. I am using the original ar drone
App works well
The App works great for the AR drone 1. It's too bad the developer han't done any updates on the app or blog since 2011. I agree customizing some controls would be nice. the app crashed once, but never while flying.
I really like this app. I like the accelerometer and the compass. There is one problem though. The elevation is really off. It is not accurate at all. Everything else is awesome! I really like it! I use the keyboard to fly it and I really like it.