With DroneVR you can take a seat in your DJI drone and fly like a bird. DroneVR connects to your DJI drone and renders the live video stream in stereo with lens distortion correction so that it can be viewed with a virtual reality headset for your iPhone.
Important: The free version of DroneVR supports the DJI Phantom 2 vision+. If you want support for the DJI drones Spark, Phantom 3 Standard/4K/Advanced/Pro, Phantom 4/Pro, Mavic Pro / Air / 2 or Inspire 1 you need to activate this functionality via In-App purchase.
* Telemetry information such as battery status, speed, height and recording status is blended into the camera image in real time.
* Head-tracking so that you can controls the orientation of your camera in realtime by moving your head ! For DJI Phantom/Mavic/Spark series head tracking is supported for camera pitch. With the DJI Inspire 1/Mavic 2 head tracking across all three axis is supported.
* Choose between two different head-up displays.
* Voice recognition to control recording and camera settings.
* Mono or stereo rendering of drone video. In stereo rendering mode advanced lens distortion compensation algorithms are supported for high quality rendering.
* Hardware accelerated video decoding for best image quality and reduced battery consumption.
* High definition video quality of 720p and 30 frames / second with Spark / Phantom 3 / 4 / Inspire 1 and up to 1080p with Mavic Pro / 2
* Spectator mode to fly together with friends
* Adjustable to different headsets.
* To use DroneVR you need one of the above listed DJI drones.
* To use DroneVR in stereo mode you need a virtual reality headset where you can mount your iPhone (e.g. Homido, FreeFly VR, Zeiss VR One, Cardboard). An high PPI iPhone with a screen size of at least 4.7 or 5.5 inch is recommended (iPhone 6 or 6plus). More information about recommended headsets can be found on our website.
* Enhanced hardware video decoding for Mavic 2
* Corrected video startup issues for DJI Spark in photo mode
Ratings and Reviews
You should allow one flight with the additional models so this app can be tested. Also, see if you could add the Tello for kids - maybe at $1.99. Great work around for the DJI Goggles though. UPDATE: Just bought the full version hoping you’ll add Tello support.
You already can do 5 mins test flights without purchasing. Simply press the "test" button on the top right corner of the purchase view for a drone. For the Tello we will examine if the developer kit provides sufficient functionality for DroneVR.
This app works flawlessly. I fly my DJI Phantom 3 Standard at it’s maximum range and the video never breaks up. It’s great having control over the amount of information displayed.
Does not receive video feed from Mavic 2
I just purchased this app for my Mavic 2 Zoom. Seemed to connect properly and the gimbal seemed to respond to my phones gyro sensor, however, there was no video feed being transmitted. Looks like it is not fully compatible with the Mavic 2 and I just wasted some money...great. 😡
As discussed with our support team please turn off hardware video decoding in DroneVR's video settings for the Mavic 2 Zoom. The correction to enable hardware decoding with the Mavic 2 Zoom is on its way.
- Appologics UG (haftungsbeschrankt)
- 147.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) 2015 Appologics
- In-App Purchases
- DJI Phantom 3 Standard $8.99
- DJI Phantom 4 $8.99
- DJI Phantom3 Professional $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.