Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dropbox is the place for your photos, docs, videos, and other files. Files you keep in Dropbox are safely backed up and you can get to them from all your devices. It’s easy to send large files to anyone, even if they don’t have a Dropbox account.
• Create and edit Microsoft Office files from your iPhone or iPad
• Back up photos and videos automatically if you choose
• Share links to your largest files without using email attachments
• Access your files offline
Terms of Service: https://www.dropbox.com/terms
What's New in Version 4.1
• Edit your PDFs in Adobe Acrobat and save them back to your Dropbox
• “Save to Dropbox” App Extension now saves PDF versions of websites from Safari (iOS 8 & 9 only) — to enable, you can tap the share icon in Safari and toggle the extension from the “More” section
• Copy files and folders — select multiple items or tap the downward arrow to copy
• Added Touch ID support when using App Extensions
• Small improvements to make the app more efficient in utilizing device space
• Better handling of international characters when viewing files sorted by name
• Accessibility improvements
• Dismiss gesture works better for closing out the actions menu and files with comments
• File or Folder is now read after the file or folder name
• Fixed a rare issue where folders named with Greek characters would fail to load or generate links
• Fixed an issue where photos would appear blurry on a cellular connection for iPhone 6 and newer devices
• Addressed several edge cases to reduce those pesky crashes
Dropbox good. Pro needs heads up re: losing Carousel
The Dropbox software has been great, but please cancel my Dropbox Business trial ASAP and re-enable my Carousel capability. Losing Carousel is a deal breaker, as it has been the most essential value to my small business. If not for this, I would give Dropbox 4-5 stars. I started the trial to expand into accessing more of my non-picture/video files, but was surprised to lose the ability to share with & present picture files with clients as planned just before I needed to do so after starting the trial business upgrade. I am not interested in paying for two accounts.
Please let me know when it is possible to automatically back up my camera roll via a business account and manage albums conveniently from there in a manner similar or better than Carousel.
Side note only - for what it is worth:
I like having Carousel as a backup and means to share picture and video files. The only reason that I do not use Carousel more (more than when I just cannot burn up the memory for certain project albums on the mobile device) is because I cannot modify the pictures in Carousel. Also, pictures edited on my mobile device's camera roll software do not get uploaded automatically to DropBox. That includes, at a minimum, the ability to rotate pictures. The ability to crop and improve photo quality details would be the icing on the cake.
Not bad but organized horribly
Overall, no complaints with the app. It functions very well and I especially love the new fingerprint security access feature. I've never had any issues at all with it crashing or losing files or an inability to retrieve files.
My only complaint is more aesthetic and centers on how it sorts your files and folders. It's very heavily focused on providing access to individual files outside of their respective sub folders (organized by date last opened/saved). I organize my files specifically by folders and not having those right in front of me in the same fashion I would see it in the Finder window on my Mac is a little annoying. You can search by file name but sometimes I don't recall what I saved something as but could pull it up quickly via its folder.
But besides that, it does as advertised.
File Sharing At Its Best
I've been using DropBox for 3 years. I started using this app because my photos are typically too large to send via email so this was the perfect solution!! Also great for document uploads. I can create albums and share with family and friends even if they don't have an account. I can view files from both my computer and my phone. The best part it's free!!!! And if I run out of space I just delete files I'm not using. But you get plenty of free space in my opinion. The only trouble I've ever run into is uploading .CR2 files. It allows me to upload them but then when I try to view them via the phone app it says something like "Not available". Other than that, great app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 02, 2015
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 61.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Dropbox, Inc.
- © 2015 Dropbox
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro – 1 Year$99.99
- Pro – 3 Months$25.99