By Dropcam, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***We recommend downloading the Nest app for a better way to watch your Dropcam video.***
Dropcam is now Nest – and part of the new Nest app. The Nest app is simpler, more beautiful, and the best place to watch your video feed. Download the free Nest app and sign in with your existing account.
With the Nest app you can:
- Set up your Dropcam in less than a minute.
- Stream securely day or night – in super clear HD.
- Get alerts when there’s motion or sound while you’re away.
- Talk and listen. Hear the baby. Or tell your dog to get off the couch.
- Rewind to see what you missed (when you subscribe to Nest Aware with Video History).
- Spot interesting moments in your Video History and filter events by motion, sound or Activity Zone. (With - Nest Aware subscription).
- Control all your Nest products in one place.
- Get access to future updates and features.
Should I download the Dropcam app?
There are still a few features in the Dropcam app that aren’t in the Nest app yet. So until we add control by location, email alerts, and video sharing to the Nest app, we’ll keep the Dropcam app up and running.
Questions? Go to: https://nest.com/support/article/FAQs-about-moving-from-the-Dropcam-app-to-the-Nest-app
What's New in Version 3.5.5
Great vision No rewind or watch day in fast motion
I have three drop cam's. I am a mother of teenagers and a breeder of dogs so wanted a way to watch kids, puppies and dogs while out of the home. This camera has best vision out of two other kinds I have used this is why I still bought three.. I did pay to record up to a week so if needed to look back at something. I found my kids saying I didn't do that... I say well let's look together and when they see the footage they say sorry I didn't realize I acted that way. I have in kitchen, playroom and over dog playpen.
Negative side...rewind or fast forward. If sign up for membership has a 30 second rewind on iPhone then on computer log in to see timeline. It doesn't currently exist other than Timelapse which isn't the same thing. We need the ability just like when watching any recorded media to quickly fastforward and rewind at 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x speed. It is too cumbersome and clunkly to drag the time bar forward and backward to catch activity you're looking for, and I do not have the time or patience to be constantly be making timelapse clips and then waiting for them to be available. In my opinion this should be an absolutely basic feature (though I'm sure there are challenges since it's cloud based).
Please Fix Geo-Location Bugs
Updated review: Geo-location bug persists, even after a number of updates. Why offer & advertise this feature if it is broken and not being addressed? Why do other Geo-location based 3rd party apps such as Hue and IFTTT work brilliantly- clearly something isn't being addressed here by Dropcam/Nest/Google. Maybe offer hooks into IFTTT to allow that service to manage the Geo-location function....
Previous review: Geo-Location used to work. I'd leave and the cam would turn on. Come home and the cam would turn off. Every time. Now it is very inconsistent. It won't work for days. And then work once or twice in a row. Strangely, sometimes the app will tell you the cam failed to come on! Sometimes it just won't work at all with no notification.
Other apps such as Phillips Hue work with geo-location just fine- not sure why Dropcam doesn't. I'm happy with everything else with the hardware and cloud recording service. Please please please fix the geo-location bug ...
More bad than good
+ App looks nice. Menus are easy to navigate.
+ Feature set -- can't think of anything else I want these cameras and app to do, aside from WORK PROPERLY.
- Nearly every time I try to open the app, it freezes on an all-white screen. This means I have to force close it out, and then reopen the app.
- Additionally, ANYTIME I receive an alert and touch it to open the app, the app freezes with the same aforementioned white screen. I always have to shut it down and start it back up.
- GPS-enabled on/off is extremely inconsistent. Sometimes all 4 cameras will act appropriately. Sometimes only a few of them will, and sometimes it just plain doesn't work. It's not reliable, and means I have to check as soon as I leave the house.
- App logs me out every week or so. Which makes it WORTHLESS for notifications.
- Need the ability to scrub through time better.
- No 1080P video on Pro models, even though boxes state this feature.
- Billing issues - I had serious issues where they were trying to charge me for 8 cameras instead of 4. Then I had to jump through hoops to get it sorted out with customer service. They issue credits to make up for the hassle, but those credits messed up my plans.
I want to like Dropcam more, but I just can't, and won't recommend it until the stability issues are resolved. What is the point of home security cameras if the platform is unreliable?
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 10, 2015
- Version: 3.5.5
- Size: 14.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dropcam, Inc.
- Copyright 2013 © Dropcam, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.