Dropshelf is a place to put things. Drag anything to the edge of the screen, and a shelf slides out. Drop files, images, text and links — whatever you want to keep handy, or move from one place to another.
Create shelves wherever there is space at the edge of the screen, including on multiple monitors. Dropshelf makes it easy to drag items between windows, tabs, full screen apps and spaces.
Some things you can do....
- Create multiple shelves for different items
- Paste clipboard contents directly to a shelf
- Drop multiple files onto one shelf to combine them in one drag
- Copy from the shelf to the clipboard
- Drag images from Photos or web pages and have them "resolve" into a file
- Put things in Dropshelf to keep for later - shelves minimize when not in use
- Reveal shelf items in Finder
Please note: files dropped on a shelf are stored by reference and continue to reside in their original file system location. Thus, Dropshelf cannot be used to "declutter" you desktop.
Dropshelf is integrated with OS X in several more thoughtful, workflow-enhancing ways — check out the User Guide for some tricks and tips.
High Sierra ahoy! This update makes Dropshelf ready to roll on macOS 10.13.
To get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or @DropshelfApp on Twitter. Cheers! -Nick
Ratings and Reviews
Great job - Please improve and ask for user feedback!!
Great job - Please continue to improve and ask for user feedback!!
Would like a few more options for colors… eg solid black or white. Also would be helpful to assign colors to each floating dock eg if working on a project and want to segment. Also naming the docks even if small text and temporary would be helpful eg when sending a few dozen emails to people and planning on attaching certain files to specific people.
Also would like to be able to slide the shelves around once they are loaded with content. eg i would put sunset pictures in one area, ocean pictures in another, etc. then go through my workflow to send email or move files around
NEED to be able to scroll through content once its on a shelf. Eg if i load five ocean pictures and i only want to send one in an email i need to be open to quickview and arrow click on keyboard to see and decide on which file to send.
- being able to use multiple shelves at the same time
- not automatically clearing the shelves once an action is taken eg dragging to a a folder. this is GREAT!!
Useful but needs more features
Useful -- but the feature set is limited. I see a lot more potential here. Need to be able to:
1) place a shelf on any screen edge
2) adjust the font size and style
3) change the physical size of the shelf
4) drag the entire shelf from one place to another
Can’t work without it
Moving files from one directory to another, or into an app, e.g., from Photos to an email message: drag 1, drag 2, done!
Also their Popclip is an essential for me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.