By B Garrett
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dropwords is word-finding puzzle. Valid words boost your score and the dwindling timer; used letters disappear and new ones drop from above.
The game includes six game modes: Normal, Hard, Lightning, Blocker, Relax and Untimed. Whether you just want to relax, or are looking for something challenging, there's a game mode that will suit you.
The game offers three dictionaries:
1. Scrabble: contains all the 2-to-8-letter words from the SOWPODS list of Scrabble competition words. This amounts to 114575 words, including both US and UK spellings. Because this is a Scrabble dictionary, proper nouns like "June" or "Rome" are not included. Plurals are included.
2. Webster's: based on the Webster's New International Dictionary, 2nd Edition, this contains 87421 2-to-8-letter words. Includes some proper nouns, but not plurals or Scrabble-specific words (such as my own favourite, "QI"!). I have added certain words that seemed to be missing in error: BOX, HAS, KID, NEAR.
3. Both! The combination of the Scrabble and Webster's dictionaries, comprising 153138 words. This is the dictionary used by default.
You can switch dictionary via the game options.
Please feel free to contact me with any bug reports, requests, or questions!
What's New in Version 1.7
1) Rewritten to use a more efficient rendering system.
2) Removed banner ads during play (in favour of occasional full-screens ads after the "Game Over" screen).
3) Updated dictionaries to include 9-letter Webster's words.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 16, 2016
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 33.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: B Garrett
- © Ben Garrett
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.