By Aptonic Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Dropzone makes it faster and easier to copy and move files, open applications and share files with many different services.
Dropzone 3 is a unique and amazing app that's like nothing you've ever used before.
We've paid fanatical attention to every detail and built an app that looks and feels like an integral part of OS X.
Dropzone ships with a powerful scripting API and with a little programming knowledge you can modify any of your actions or even create entirely new ones. This gives Dropzone unlimited extendability and utility. We're always thinking up new actions so Dropzone will become even more useful over time.
Drop Bar is a brand new feature in Dropzone 3 that makes it easy to stash files you know you'll need later. Just drop files on the target and they stick there until you're ready to use them. You can even combine groups of files into stacks and then drop them onto a Dropzone action or onto another app.
Setup your customizable grid of actions how you want and swap in different actions as your needs change.
• Open applications, move and copy files faster than ever before.
• Share with Twitter, Flickr, Facebook or Messages
• Shorten URLs quickly using the newly added Goo.gl shortener. Just select a URL to shorten and press Ctrl+Option+Cmd+S and the shortened URL is automatically copied to the clipboard.
• AirDrop integration lets you drop files or folders from any app and share them with your other Macs over the network.
• Imgur integration lets you share images fast and get a link for pasting. It even allows you to drop multiple images to create an Imgur album. You can use it with or without an Imgur account and it comes setup and ready to go.
• Upload via FTP and Amazon S3.
• Download and install add-on actions that let you upload to services like Google Drive, YouTube and many others.
• Notification Center notifications let you know when your actions finish.
• Powerful multi-tasking engine allows you to run multiple tasks at once and track the progress of each one through the in-grid task status area.
• See how tasks are progressing at a glance in the animated menu item.
• Reorder your actions quickly via drag and drop.
• Launch Dropzone actions with the newly added keyboard shortcuts feature
• Add applications, folders or actions to your grid easily by dragging and dropping them on the Add to Grid area.
• Develop your own actions using the updated and massively improved Ruby or Python API.
We're always working to improve Dropzone and we're going to bring you many free feature updates and more actions in future. We'd love to hear what you think of the app, you can get in touch via the App Store “Support” link, or tweet us @aptonic.
What's New in Version 3.5.4
- Redesigned user interface
- New application icon
- OS X service integration
- You can now run actions using the keyboard (select a file and hit Ctrl+Option+Cmd+D) or press F3
- Goo.gl URL shortening now included (select a URL and hit Ctrl+Option+Cmd+S)
- You can now hide the Add to Grid and Drop Bar special actions
- Python is now supported for writing actions
- Clicking AirDrop action now opens AirDrop in Finder
- Status item has been shrunk smaller as you can now drag files to the top of screen
- Transitioned grid fonts from Lucida Grande to Helvetica Neue to fit Yosemite better
- Pressing escape key now closes grid
- Added support for dragging photos from the new Photos app onto Dropzone
- You can now add more than 50 actions to the grid
- Added option in Develop Action window to turn off introductory comments
- Added new PythonPath metadata field to specify alternative Python version for actions if needed
- Actions that don't support the current event or dragged type are now shown greyed out in the grid
- Fixed issue where Dropzone could use excessive CPU when idle
- Fixed bug where dragged text onto actions containing double quotes were escaped unnecessarily
- Fixed issue where folders with a dot in the name were being truncated
- Fixed bug where the ChooseFolder and ChooseApplications OptionsNIBs would ignore the SkipConfig metadata field and force you to select a folder
- Fixed issue where proxy environment variables were not set correctly
- Fixed issue where Dropzone would sometimes hang during launch
- Fixed bug in Amazon S3 action where mime type was not being set correctly
- Fixed incorrect sizing of 'Check for Action Update' button when editing an action
- Changed position of 'Remove' in right click menu to reduce change of accidentally deleting an action
- Fixed bug where files were moved to trash when dragging from TextWrangler onto Dropzone
- Added warning not to include 'ftp://' at the start of server field in FTP action
- Any actions with outdated action icons are now updated during upgrade to this version
- Fixed hangs that could occur when adding network volumes to the Dropzone grid
- Fixed issue where Ctrl+Clicking on actions didn't open right-click menu
- Fixed issue where Imgur action would not authorise correctly when using a Google account
- Fixed issue where downloaded actions with a browser added filename suffix would fail to install
Nice, when it works
The current version of Dropzone does not work for me. I purchased through the App store, but when I try to run it, I get a message asking for my serial number (which does not exist).
Perhaps if purchased through the developer, this problem would go away, but I cannot recommend getting it from Apple. It’s on sale for $2 right now, and I would even consider buying it again, but the App store knows I own it, so I don’t have the option of purchasing it. It asks if I want to “install,” and then “Run.”
This has been going on for some time - probably since the latest version was created.
Just what THIS clutter-collector needed!
I have a habit fo dropping and copying pictures, screen shots, PDF downloads, etc., onto my desktop … which in turn becomes a cluttered mess! With DropZone, I have gotten into a habit of collecting the similar files, and moving them OFF the desktop, into the folder where they belong! Great program!!! If I had to make any criticism it would be that it’s too subtle, sitting there quietly waiting for MY input [instead of doing ALL the work for me!]
A useful, productive 5 Star App!
Of all the productivity apps I’ve used or tried to use in my everyday workflow over the years, Dropzone hands down saves me the most amount of time and integrates seamlessly to my workflow. No cluttered alias folders, easy to install and use, and every update just adds more useful features. I highly recommend purchasing Dropzone. Hats off to Aptonic...