Drug ID is a sophisticated, yet simple mobile application that utilizes state of the art pill recognition technology to quickly and accurately identify prescription drugs. Whether the device is being used behind the counter or for personal use, Drug ID increases efficiency when sorting pills and helps saves lives by effectively identifying medications for the user. Drug ID data is sourced from Cerner, that is an FDA certified database and is regularly updated, please see their website for questions, comments and usage guidelines.
• Recognition - Place the pill on any surface, center in the view finder and press the red button to capture image. Adjust and crop image for best results. Select “Use Image”.
• Verify pill - Drug ID will analyze the image to provide color and shape of pill. Simply submit the imprint.
• Pill results - Results are sorted and driven by most exact match based on recognition. When match is found, click on the pill for more details ie: brand name, generic name, strength, imprint, etc.
• Learning technology - Drug ID uses a learning technology that teaches itself to improve based on the number of images taken and analyzed by the software. Once cropped the technology will attempt to recognize the shape and color of your pill.
The information provided by Drug ID is for educational and informational purposes only. It is not to be treated as prescription or medical advice. A qualified healthcare provider should be consulted prior to using any medications listed in this app. This app displays FDA approved medications and does not endorse any medications or drugs listed in this app. THIS APP DOES NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE AND NOTHING IN THE CONTENT IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT.
Prices are shown in US Dollars. Prices may vary by region based on current exchange rate. Upon purchase $2.99 will be charged to your iTunes account for access and use of the Drug ID App.
Ratings and Reviews
What a blessing
This app just helped me decipher some pills that I found in kids room. They ended up being no big deal, but this is a great tool for everyone, as you never know!
You could just use google to identify the pill, taking a picture of it doesn’t do much as it does ask you to type in the imprint on the pill and then the color and shape of the pill.
Absolutely Useless (Use Google)
Purchased to ID meds my mom takes and occasionally drops. Tried on 3 very common meds and it was 0 for 3. Typed info into Google and it was 3 for 3. Total waste of time and money!
- Rene Castaneda
- 7.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Rene Castaneda
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.