Practice your Chinese reading skills with our lessons for students of all levels.
Du Chinese is a revolutionary Mandarin reading app that lets you quickly look up the translation of any word or sentence with a simple tap.
The lessons include English translations for both words and sentences, and have full human voice recordings which are synchronized with the text. The word translation are context-dependent to give you the word's meaning in the current sentence.
Du Chinese contains lessons of difficulties ranging from newbie to master, and new lessons are added frequently. The lessons cover topics like everyday life in China, business, and the latest trends in China.
* Human voice recordings synchronized with the texts
* Context-dependent word translations
* Sentence translations
* Save and review words using an intuitive flashcard system
Du Chinese offers premium content for subscribing users. The following subscription plans are offered:
* One month subscription for $11.99 USD (automatically renewed until canceled).
* Six month subscription $54.99 USD (automatically renewed until canceled).
* Twelve month subscription $89.99 USD (automatically renewed until canceled).
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Your subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
This new version adds support for iPhone X, and includes some minor bug fixes.
We hope that you will enjoy this new version!
Ratings and Reviews
Great for intermediate and above
I've been looking for ways to practice my Chinese more naturally than just vocabulary memorization and writing practice. I'm at a level where I don't need direct instruction but more access to the language in use. I LOVE what this app offers, even without a subscription, I'm able to practice listening/reading at a decently high level; get vocabulary building beyond basics I already know; save words for quizzing; and control how much help I get with a lesson (just characters, characters and pinyin, or those plus word/grammar markers) and you can control the speakers speed. I also enjoy the range of topics offered for the different lessons...and 👌on the name - everyone loves some good puns.
Very fun and applicable
As a long time Chinese learner that has looked into many ways to improve my Chinese, this is one of my favorite tools. The stories are interesting to read and very informative on relevant and compelling current events and traditional and cultural topics. Also, they have connected stories that are also entertaining and I really appreciate the creativity. The Ben and lili saga right now is so great.
The app also color codes level of difficulty of words according to the HSK which is very helpful, and you can save words as quasi flash cards to practice with. Love this app so much.
Great App, Too Expensive
I love this app. It has a lot of what I need in it: Short articles I can get through quickly, different levels, flashcard support... And the free version still has plenty of content. I would love to upgrade, but there's no way I'm paying $12 a month for it. Great for anyone looking to improve their reading (and a little bit of listening).
The only thing I can think of to add would be post-reading questions, probably multiple choice.
- Sinamon AB
- 12.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Peter Askelöf
- In-App Purchases
- Du Chinese Premium $11.99
- Du Chinese Premium $89.99
- Du Chinese Premium $54.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.