At DuckDuckGo, we believe the Internet shouldn't feel so creepy, and getting the privacy you deserve online should be as simple as closing the blinds.
Our app provides the privacy essentials you need to seamlessly take control of your personal information as you search and browse the web, no matter where the Internet takes you:
• Escape Advertising Tracker Networks — Our Privacy Protection will block all the hidden third-party trackers we can find, exposing the major advertising networks tracking you over time, so that you can track who's trying to track you.
• Increase Encryption Protection — We force sites to use an encrypted connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes, like ISPs.
• Search Privately — You share your most personal information with your search engine, like your financial, medical, and political questions. What you search for is your own business, which is why DuckDuckGo search doesn't track you. Ever.
• Decode Privacy Policies — We’ve partnered with Terms of Service Didn't Read to include their scores and labels of website terms of service and privacy policies, where available.
As you search and browse, the DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser shows you a Privacy Grade rating when you visit a website (A-F). This rating lets you see how protected you are at a glance, dig into the details to see who we caught trying to track you, and learn how we enhanced the underlying site's privacy measures. The Privacy Grade is scored automatically based on the prevalence of hidden tracker networks, encryption availability, and website privacy practices.
Our app provides standard browsing functionality including tabs, bookmarks, and autocomplete. In addition to strong Privacy Protection as described above, we also packed in some extra privacy features into the browser itself:
• Fire Button — Clear all your tabs and data with one tap.
• Application Lock — Secure the app with Touch ID or Face ID.
Too many people believe you simply can’t expect privacy on the Internet. We're fighting to change that, and have made it our mission to set a new standard of trust online. Install DuckDuckGo and take back your privacy!
About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
Device Privacy Tips: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/device-privacy-tips/
More Privacy Education: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/privacy-newsletter/
This app is open source at https://github.com/duckduckgo/iOS.
This is a small release to fix a UI bug where the fire icon appears to move when the tab switcher is open.
Ratings and Reviews
After 22 yrs, Farewell, Google
I have been using Google since the mid 90s I was in early anywhere. That was way before they got political and I don’t like my search engines to be political because I’m INDEPENDENT and proud of it...I don’t like the way Google has become a global Monopoly. That’s just the facts. Like Google used to give them. You young Web users were never able to enjoy it the raw version of Google. Back then the search engines would sweep the web and pull up results with real data and meta-data and other foreign concepts like that...Search would provide everything from cord from your old college newspapers newspapers to press releases and now I pulled up Google’s version of your profile that’s just one short example. Monopolies are never healthy for a company’s growth and that’s exactly what happened. Google got the ball rolling, but things took a turn when they picked up the entire ball and ran with it. Maybe they will learn the hard way ... we are not looking to be told what information should turn up as results in our search engines.I’m highly doubtful any change will come After seeing the internal employee videos leaked after United States presidential campaign that was painful to watch as an independent voter. PS DuckDuckGo proved itself as legit quality search engine during my trial errors that’s why can comfortably go ahead with my permanent farewell to Google.
I love DuckDuckGo for Chrome on PC, it’s changed the way I search online, which is something I never expected would happen. The app is amazing too. It has a clean interface and search results appear fast. I have one preference for mobile browsers that I’d like to see incorporated here. I used to use the Chrome app and though it didn’t load as fast as something like Safari or even DuckDuckGo’s browser, the reason I stuck to it was because of the swipe down gesture. In Chrome, when you swipe down on the screen three options appear: new tab, refresh, and close tab, in that order. When you move your finger along the screen from side to side you can choose one of these options. This gesture made searching so much faster as I could quickly open new tabs to compare sites or information and quickly close ones I didn’t need anymore. I would love to see DuckDuckGo’s browser incorporate this, and seeing as the browser is already very similar to Chrome, I believe it was integrate smoothly. Besides this, I love the app and having my results being raw, unfiltered by what I’ve searched, bought, or visited before.
Developer Response ,
Aha, this is most helpful! I'll let the team know that you're missing the swipe down gesture and see what we can do as we continue working on the app. Thanks for the honesty!
Duck You Google!!
First I want to say A huge thanks to the DuckDuckGo team for making the internet like it should be! I want to be able to browse the web without no trace and worries. I do not want Google, FaceBook. And all of the other big companies tracking and sending targeted advertisers to me! I have researched google, and they are a scary company!! They track and stalk the **** out of you, and it’s just silly. I love DuckDuckGo, as it is better, and I can browse the internet, over my VPN with no worries. I ❤️ DuckDuckGo! Thank you guys so much for all of your work and the mission you strive for! The app is also great and easy to use! Thanks, from the bottom of my heart 🙂. I do have a question though. When you hit the fire button it clears tabs and data. That is a good thing, but does this browser keep search history or no? Also I wanted to suggest a feature which is the ability to have not just a dark mode, but also a white mode? I have a jet black iPhone 7 but I also own a Rose gold IPhone XS Max. I do not thing a dark black looks good on all devices, as some people use a white device, and some use black. Could you add a white Theme, so it will Look good on my XS Max? That would make me so happy! Thanks so much!
- Duck Duck Go, Inc.
- 38.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © DuckDuckGo
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.