We evolve by sharing insights. Once it was by word of mouth. Then it became print media and then social media. Now, once more, it’s time for a new kind of media. A media that unites us, instead of dividing us. A media that makes us see the bigger picture, instead of the selfie. A media that makes us evolve. We call this insight media.
Duckling's mission is to enlighten the world through insight media. Through Duckling, people share insights, that are passed on, changed and expanded by the Duckling network. The result is contextual and collective human thinking that deepen our understanding of ourselves and the world.
Duckling is used by students, teachers, bloggers and everyone else who want to join the mission of making the world larger than social media.
Quickly swipe through our bite-sized insights to find what’s resonating with you. Then tap to dig deeper into links, articles, and other content.
See the bigger picture:
Go on a journey to find the inspiration you didn’t know you needed. Then create a personal stream of insights and inspiring people around topics you like.
Speak your mind:
You are more than social media. We empower you to share all your insights in a few easy steps, using your media or photos, videos, tweets, and sounds that others shared.
- We took care of the issue if you enter a story from the showroom and tap “create the next” at the end, it does not open a new story.
- We fixed the issue of when start typing and then get a keyboard suggestion (the standard iOS suggestions) and tap it the app crashes.
- We took care of the issue sometimes when putting in an interest (topic) no stories (insights) come up, even though there are stories with such interest (topic).
- We fixed the issue when the user edits an image in iOS library it got completely pixelated when adding it to a story.
- We fixed the issue that the app let a user to like a story more than one time.
- We took care of an issue in iPhone 6+: On the main view there was a dark transparent overlay between the image and the text.
- We fixed the issue the app sometimes crashes when tap Comments (insight Viewer).
- The app introduces INSIGHTS instead of stories and TOPICS instead of interests to get a better semanthic of what the people share.
- The app introduces a new registration process with an improved and more intuitive flow.
- Registration process: The input fields check if nickname and phone number is correct as you type, not as you submit.
- The email/phone field suggests the contry code based on users location.
- The app introduces a completely new look for the Web player. Now the images and videos are shown in full screen.
- The app introduces a completely new look for the Onboarding, giving the user the capability of adding their first Story as a guest user.
- The app introduces account activation with SMS.
- The app introduces the capability to let users add new topics to other users' stories (insights).
- The insights (stories) show their topics (interests) on the Main View.
- New onboarding: Words count down from 30 to have a text limit.
- The app shows suggestions of phone, email, and confirmation code to the keyboard.
- We added a sharing button to the showroom similar to sharing stories and interests.
- The app introduces account activation via SMS.
- The app introduces the USINGDUCKLING topic with stories about how to use Duckling.
- Scale down text in teasers instead of breaking it apart.
- The "inbox" button in the bar navigation (at the bottom) has a badge to alert the user there are new messages.
- We fixed the long descriptions on People view that looked ugly; if the descriptions are too long to fit the view the app add a "..." at the end.
- When selecting an interest (topic) in the publish screen (insight) now it moves to the top of the screen; this way you can see which topics you have selected.
- Text styling on Main View of the Story Editor.
- Insights (stories) search has been improved.
- The alert “nickname is taken” is shown below the nickname input field.
- The app only shows onboarding once if user stays anonymous (guest).
- When user is not signed in: a) Tap on now it says > “Sign in to create a showroom” b) Inbox says >“Sign in to receive messages”.
- The app now has a better response time on media upload.
- Now the app when tapping an interest in the search field removes the interest and place it in related tags.
MINOR FIXES / CHANGES
- Default avatar image for new users.
- Showroom shows a default text to invite users to add a short bio.
- Resized text on Interests (topics) view.
- New drawer icon (story editor / viewer)
- Web player shows a preloading spinner for slow connections.
- Increased line height of the text on the teasers on the Main View for better reading.
- Story Editor: the text title is a bit smaller to provide more space on the top and the bottom of the card if user writes all 30 words.
- Blindspot Inc.
- 77.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Blindspot Inc 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.