We evolve by sharing insights. Once it was by word of mouth. Then it became print media and then social media. Now, once more, it’s time for a new kind of media. A media that unites us, instead of dividing us. A media that makes us see the bigger picture, instead of the selfie. A media that makes us evolve. We call this insight media.
Duckling's mission is to enlighten the world through insight media. Through Duckling, people share insights, that are passed on, changed and expanded by the Duckling network. The result is contextual and collective human thinking that deepen our understanding of ourselves and the world.
Duckling is used by students, teachers, bloggers and everyone else who want to join the mission of making the world larger than social media.
Quickly swipe through our bite-sized insights to find what’s resonating with you. Then tap to dig deeper into links, articles, and other content.
See the bigger picture:
Go on a journey to find the inspiration you didn’t know you needed. Then create a personal stream of insights and inspiring people around topics you like.
Speak your mind:
You are more than social media. We empower you to share all your insights in a few easy steps, using your media or photos, videos, tweets, and sounds that others shared.
- We fixed the issue when the user selects a video in iOS library the preview was not working.
- We fixed the problem that sometimes users were unable to upload media; user had to logout and login again to be able to upload a media file.
- We took care of the issue of on select media view when tapping "Select" and the "Cancel", the app still showed on mulitple select mode.
- We fixed the issue when adding a drawer page, the user could not delete it.
- We fixed the issue of the "delete account" button caused a crash.
- We took care of the problem with the Bing search results that it showed the same items over and over.
- We fixed he issue in the search box of the app allowed the user to add an already inserted topic.
- We took care of the issue that the app allowed a user to add a topic (tag) twice.
- INBOX: we took care of the UI issue that long insight titles were spliced togheter and looked bad.
- 60 character for the insight cover; now insights will show a cover text.
- Web topic(s) / user showroom page: we added an infinite scroll for automatic insights load.
- Onboarding: we changed the Welcome screen and added a link to the Login form.
- All the onboarding screens have now a back button to the left "<" and a cancel button to the right "X", which takes you to the main view of the app.
- Image editing workflow for the insight cover.
- We added the scroll capability to media preview screen.
- Onboarding: we added a label next to the publish button to make it more visible.
- Text styling on the drawer of the Story Editor.
- The app now has a tweaked workflow for updating the showroom.
- New styling of headers in the main section.
- INBOX: when the user taps an item, the app open the linked insight.
- Improved response time on media upload.
MINOR FIXES / CHANGES
- We changed the orange color everywhere in the app (texts, icons) with the red Duckling color.
- We increased the size of the round filtering buttons on the add media view (they were too small).
- We replaced the graphic of a missing image asset with a better looking minimalist one.
- We fixed the UI issue of the progressbar and the menu icons were running out of screen on iPhone X.
- Web Player: We updated the styling of tweets (font and background color).
- Web Player: When clicking the "+" at the end of the insight, now the link is opened in a new tap.
- Web Player: When an insight has a world media item, the player shows a link in the upper left corner that leads back to source file.
- Insight Editor: Multiple select media UI change.
- Web topic feed: Insight teasers show full black transparent layer.
- Blindspot Inc.
- 61 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Blindspot Inc 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.