This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
One of the most cherished 8-bit titles of all time returns with the mobile release of DuckTales: Remastered!
Join Scrooge McDuck in an epic adventure across the world to discover the five Legendary Treasures! Embark on a journey to the Himalayas, Amazon, Transylvania, African mines, and Moon using Scrooge's secret map. But watch out for the evil sorceress Magica De Spell and notorious Beagle Boys – they're on a quest to steal Scrooge's fortune and will stop at nothing. He may have to risk it all to save his nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie, but not without epic boss fights along the way! Hold on to your top hat and play as Scrooge McDuck as you travel to the far corners of the world!
• PLAY as Scrooge McDuck in this remastering of the classic, side-scrolling platformer game
• EXPLORE the Himalayas, Amazon, Transylvania, African mines, and Moon in search of the five Legendary Treasures
• ATTACK enemies with Scrooge's iconic pogo jump and cane swing
• BATTLE and DEFEAT villains in epic boss fights
• POWER UP with invincibility and discover extra hearts to increase health
• COLLECT gems to UNLOCK over 90 pieces of production art from the original TV series
• BLUETOOTH controller supported
DuckTales: Remastered retains the authenticity of its 8-bit predecessor and features an expanded story with all new, improved graphics. DuckTales fans can relive the classic TV series from the 1980's, complete with the original voice-actors and exclusive production art from the show's archives. But this timeless tale is bound to spin up a new generation of fans by introducing a uniquely hand-crafted, simple and fun game for all ages.
• Hand-drawn animated sprites and richly painted level backgrounds
• Original voice talent, including Alan Young, Frank Welker, Russi Taylor and June Foray
• New Easy mode for casual and younger players, and new Extreme mode for devoted fans
• Digitally-enhanced soundtrack featuring modern amplified iterations of the classic melodies
• Expanded storyline and character narration
What's New in Version 1.0.2
- Improved controls
- Tuned speed of lava in final chase for Lucky Dime
- Abbreviated cinematic option
- Minor bug fixes and performance optimizations
Not the Worst Game I've Played.
It's playable--however, the button controls on iOS are so close to each other than it's hard to hit the right one if you've got adult-sized hands. This wasn't a problem until the last few stages.
The writing was arguably just as bad as the original show (sorry to anyone who thought it was good), so don't play it for the "story." You get expensive artifacts and try to outrun your rival before he gets them instead. Pretty simple. And the triplets are annoying, same with most everyone else. Webbigail was more tolerable, and arguably more useful to Scrooge than his same-voice nephews, and yet they get more screen time than her. It's worth noting that the nephews keep needing to be saved and she never gets kidnapped/into trouble, so that's nice.
It's definitely not worth the $5 I paid for it. I would've settled on $1.99 at most. Shame I didn't know about the 99c sale until too late. Oh well.
So glad to finally have this app! 😊
It's usually an annual Christmas tradition for me to download new games to my devices. So when I found out that the App Store was offering DuckTales Remastered for only 99 cents, did I go ahead and purchase? Why, soitenly! (As Curly would say)
I love how much of this game is true to its original circa-1989 Capcom Nintendo counterpart, plus the image files featuring original sketches and cels from the DuckTales cartoon are a plus! There's also the option to hear the background music in 8-bit, of course!
Just the one thing that bothers me (and thus, I give the app only 4 stars) is that I cannot seem to complete the final climb getting away from the lava. When I climbed up to get to the treasure chest just before Glomgold did on the original (NOT remastered) version, that was it! I don't ever recall beating the lava on that old version at all! Maybe you want to update the lava speed on the next app update? (I missed out on some serious Christmas binge-watching because of that final climb on the new version!)
Anyway, if you're a serious old school Disney fan such as myself, then PLEASE purchase this app! YOU'LL LOVE IT 😀
The original is way better
After so much meaningless dialogue in the first half hour of the game, I quickly appreciated that the devs put in a 'skip scene' option. The characters drone on and on and on and there is no sense about any of it. I am not impressed with what they have come up with as a remastered title. For $.99 cents that's about all I would go out of my way to play this game. They could have done so much more... I swear, some of these classic titles would receive better lip service if they were crowdfunded. The thing that is by far and away the most dumbfounding thing about this remake is that the original is so much better - even after 20 years.. This is what financial juggernaut Disney can come up with...? yawn.....
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 20, 2015
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 1.07 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Disney Electronic Content, Inc.
- © 2015 Disney
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes