Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The most popular hack-and-slash RPG for PlayStation®Network finally comes to Mac! Delve into this treasure of a game that every serious fan of the genre needs to own.
*** GAMING-AGE: "I like the dungeon crawling. I like the character customization. I like the loot. But most of all I like the multiplayer. With four players going at it, the battles become pandemonium and I love it. Dungeon Hunter: Alliance has everything I look for in a downloadable title." (85% - Great) ***
PLEASE CHECK SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO PURCHASE
This game is not supported by iMac and MacBook Pro devices equipped with the following video cards:
Intel GMA 950/GMA 3100
Immerse yourself in the heart of a unique online multiplayer experience. Face the world of Gothicus and its hordes of creatures alone or in teams of up to 4 heroes. The main quest, side quests, and the innumerable items to collect offer hours of play in a superbly modeled gothic universe. Push evil back to the depths of hell and squash the destructive ambitions of a tyrannical Queen... who was once your beloved!
- A unique multiplayer experience on the Mac App Store: team up online with players across the globe! Do your training and climb the ranks in the online leaderboards.
- A real quest to complete solo or with others, spanning over 30 levels with an immense world of dungeons, villages and forests to explore, including areas that are randomly generated.
- A level of production rarely achieved on the Mac App Store: graphics and special effects rivaling classic games (console), smooth animation even during multiplayer sessions, and an immersive dark gothic ambiance.
- All the ingredients for a great role-playing game: choose your class, optimize your hero's development by assigning experience points to the attributes of your choice, and equip your hero with the best armor.
- Enjoy classic and addictive hack 'n' slash gameplay with intuitive and accessible controls for instant fun and intense action.
Memory: 2 GB [4 GB recommended]
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo with 1.86 GHz [Intel Core i3 with 3 GHz recommended]
HDD: 2 GB of free space [10 GB recommended]
Online: Ethernet or Wi-Fi
Size: 543 MB
Would be a fun enough action title, BUT...
The control scheme in this game is absolutely debilitating. Starting out as a mage I have never been as discouraged as I was when playing this game. Why on earth is the default "Interact" key Enter, when you mainly use WSAD to move around? I might forgive them if they assigned something to E, but they didn't. It does not help to have to stand in one spot when attacking. It makes trying to avoid enemies extremely frustrating unnecessarily. The attacking scheme is also flawed. If you use Space to attack, you have to point your character in the correct direction with the WSAD keys; you can't change direction by clicking, which is the other main movement input, and how you change direction while attacking when using shift click. I can't imagine why they would put such a frustratingly incompatible control scheme for an otherwise seemingly decent game. Also, The story line seems to be essentially the same as the original iOS game Dungeon Hunter, which is also disappointing.
I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, and I don't know if I will. At least I only paid a dollar for it; I couldn't imagine wasting $15 on this train wreck.
Great game for what it is!
First off, I'm running this game on my macbook air mid-2011. I have the 13inch with i5 1.7ghz and hd3000 graphics.
The game runs superb! I took a risk when I bought this game not knowing how the hd3000 graphics would perform but it's not an issue.
If your looking for a great hack n' slash game to play on your macbook air while you have some downtime, this is the game! Reminds me alot of Diablo even though it can't quite compare to it.
Also, I haven't played to much multiplayer yet but from the little experience I have, It's definately a good experience. Alot of people don't seem to know that to chat in the online game, you just need to hit the Tab key.
Overall, great buy! $15 well spent for a fun game that will provide me many hours of entertainment.
Fun game, difficult controls
The good: This is a fun hack and slash, and it makes it better that I jumped on the $.99 sale. It's a great clickfest for single player when just trying to veg and pass time.
The bad: This game was obviously ported from a console since the controls are a bit hard to use. For example, you can't really click on anything--you just point your character in the direction of the enemies and dropped items and press [Enter] or click the attack mouse button, whereas on a native computer game you would expect to be able to click on enemies and dropped items. If you use the mouse, your character may start going in infinite circles or get stuck running into an object until you finagle your way out. So, overall a fun game, but the controls make gameplay a bit frustrating.
- Category: Games
- Released: Nov 11, 2011
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 621 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2011 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later