By Pantazis Deligiannis
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Are you ready for an epic fast-paced monster killing experience? Challenge hordes of powerful monsters and bosses, defeat them, level up to 999 and become the most powerful and rich hero of all times! But be careful... The enemies will also use their own special abilities to destroy you!
Match 3 or more of the same tiles in any direction to attack with your sword, cast spells, heal or gather coins! Use special battle items such as a shield, a healing potion and an explosive bomb that can alter the battlefield! Upgrade your gear and learn tons of skills! Unlock 9 powerful classes and exploit their unique powers!
Can you create the most powerful character of all time?
- Level up to 999
- Conquer 6 levels of progressing difficulty
- Defeat more than 70 monsters and bosses with special abilities
- 9 unique hero classes with awesome powers
- Use 7 awesome battle-items with unique abilities
- Gather coins and upgrade your items and skills
- Visit the tavern, complete quests and earn reputation to unlock amazing rewards
Challenge your friends in Game Center
- Arena PvP matches
- 80 achievements (up to 1000 GC points)
- 12 leaderboards to compete
- customisable leaderboard
Classic gameplay with lots of innovative features
- iCloud game saving support
- Optimised for Retina displays
- Universal app - buy once and play in all devices
- iPhone 5 screen support
- Game includes original music score
- You can listen to your own music during the game
*** MANY NEW AWESOME FEATURES COMING SOON ***
Dungeon Story is inspired by some awesome games such as Dungeon Raid and Dragon Quest. The game is developed by an independent developer, passionate about games, with the help of some really great friends! :)
What's New in Version 1.4.0
Happy new year! Here is what the latest 1.4.0 update brings:
--- Major GamePlay Features ---
- A lot of in-game graphics are updated to new ones! (more on the way)
- Remaining experience from monsters carries over if you level up
- 4 of the Battle-items were redesigned: You can now take immediate action after using Shield, Ale, Rune or Mirror, which makes them much more desirable to use during combat (currently works only for single player)
- Monster enrage effect is nerfed (starts slower and it is less powerful)
--- In-App Purchases ---
- Many new purchase options in the Dungeon Story Store
- You can now buy gold through completely OPTIONAL in-app purchases to make your progress easier if you want
- Double Coin now gives you double the coins only after a dungeon run and not during the dungeon run to help preserve the gameplay balance of the in-battle merchant
--- Bug Fixes ---
- Bug fix: You can now again play your own music in-game
- Many other bug fixes & optimisations
I adored Dungeon Raid but it definitely felt like I was fighting against impossible odds after awhile, that the game is unbeatable.
This game starts simple and the difficulty ramps up. As the game got more difficult I realized I could tap the monster to see what special attack it might have or the weaknesses it had. There's many many ways to customize your character, but most dungeon runs won't last more than 30-40 monsters because of the ramping difficulty. This gives you incentive to explore the shops where you can spend money you found in your dungeon run, or get equipment on the hero screen, or complete challenges to give you a chance to get discounts.
Definitely worth a look, and maybe a dollar or two. Great game!
Great casual dungeon crawler
I like the ability to purchase equipment, items, and training. I like the different character classes and the advancement of each without losing your level. I like the quests for a short and sweet play, since the actual dungeons can get lengthy.
I don't like the random aspects sometimes. Go into battle with a dragon, full health, full energy to shield, heal, or bomb. Bit, you still lose because the dragon used dragon fire countless times in a row, which knock you down to 1hp. I guess it's an element of luck, but sometimes it's a game breaker when it shouldn't be.
Overall, I'm giving it 5 stars because I do really enjoy playing it, even after passing level 100. Most games don't keep my interest that long.
Heavily influenced by Dungeon Raid, but this is actually a good thing. A great game, and not a carbon copy. However, in early gameplay, there are a few balance issues I noticed.
*Tavern Quests are a bit too varied in difficulty. Killing 5 boss mobs in much easier than 25 normal mobs, the sheer number and scaling makes the latter much more difficult. Most of them are alright, but several playthroughs reveal which ones you want to aim for.
*I'm not quite sure this is intended... But when you decline a merchant and close out the shop, you fight him, and he has 1 HP. Nice for picking up coins and taking a health break, but still, I don't think it is supposed to be that way. If so, ignore this.
Other helpful things would be a brewery progress bar, unless it is very quickly obtained, and a total gold indicator when you pause a dungeon. Overall, a very addicting game, and has a hard limit, as opposed to Dungeon Raid, where an infinite game is possible if you set it up correctly.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 10, 2013
- Version: 1.4.0
- Size: 32.5 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Pantazis Deligiannis
- © 2013 Pantazis Deligiannis
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Gain Double Coins$0.99
- Unlock Hero Shield$1.99
- Unlock Battle-Items$1.99
- Big Chest of Gold$4.99
- Huge Chest of Gold$9.99
- Special Dungeon #01$0.99
- Unlock All Dungeons$1.99
- Chest of Gold$1.99
- Pirate's Treasure$39.99
- Bag of Gold$0.99