"[Does] a much better job than iTunes’ Show Duplicate Items command of finding and zapping duplicate files, letting you easily tame overflowing libraries." - Macworld, "5 Essential Tools That Every iTunes User Should Have"
Quickly find, filter, and Trash your iTunes duplicate tracks. Delete "dead" track duplicates. Handles iCloud Music Library/iTunes Match tracks. Dupin Lite 2 is your iTunes duplicates manager.
Dupin Lite 2 handles your duplicate tracks in 3 simple steps:
1. Get Duplicates - gather your duplicate tracks into Dupe Groups based on your choice of criteria. Case-sensitivity/insensitivity and "fuzzy" time matching can identify near-dupes.
2. Filter - automatically designate the single "Keeper" track in each Dupe Group using a variety of versatile filtering options (Most/Least Played, Oldest/Newest Added, Highest/Lowest Bit Rate, and much more)
3. Purge - remove the "non-Keeper" tracks from iTunes and optionally move their files to the Trash*
Additional Dupin Lite 2 features:
• Works with iCloud Music Library/iTunes Match tracks in the cloud*
• Support for Notifications
• Audition tracks via Quick Look
• Delete "dead" tracks
• Toggle case-sensitivity during duplicates search
• "Fuzzy" time matching
• Locate tracks in the Finder and in iTunes
• Copy tracks to new iTunes playlists
• Sort tracks and view track info
• Export a list of duplicates to a text file
• Manage intentional duplicates
• Visual progress feedback during operations
• Ample keyboard shortcuts
• Customizable toolbar
• Robust Help and Documentation
Dupin Lite 2 is fast, flexible, and easy to configure.
For OS X 10.8 and later.
Feedback can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER: Doug Adams is the proprietor of "Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes", dougscripts.com, which has been providing reliable solutions to Mac iTunes users since 2001.
*Tracks designated to be Purged whose files are located in the cloud will be copied to a new discrete iTunes playlist from which they can be batch-deleted by the user to avoid having to individually acknowledge the iTunes delete alert for each track.
Accommodates Dark Mode
Improved navigation via Song Info panel
Minor performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
works ok, but instructions could use a little updating
I downloaded and installed this app, but when launching, after pointing to the itunes directory, nothing happened.
i could not get windows to come up. i only had the menu.
developer got back to me. i had to delete some settings, and accept the pointer to a dead directory, then point to the real directory where i keep my music.
now works well.
I used to use iTunes Match and stopped for a while, manually using playlists and substituing a cloud storage provider (OneDrive) to house my music files. When Apple Music was launched I switched back and all my old files found their way back, creating a couple thousand duplicates. I had previously used the Dupin Lite app and it was OK, but I switched to DupeAway. With the new version of iTunes, I could not get that app to work, so I looked for another utility.
The developer has done a really fine job with the new Duplin Lite 2 - it is intuitive and easy-to-use. Well-thought out user interface and functioned perfectly - it was actually pretty fun to see how I could filter by time, size, oldest modified/newest modified. Lots of choices to make purging easier. I couldn’t be more pleased - well worth the eight bucks. Thanks!!
Finds the dupes, but isn’t removing them
This works well enough in finding dupes in the library, but the ‘move to trash’ just appars to be making a copy into the trash. When I went out and verified for physical dupes not actually in the iTunes library, all the files were still tehre, along with a copy on the trash.
Irritated that I spent money for a script that used to be free, and it doen’t even work as advertised. It did at least clean up the library itself, and another file dupelicate cleaner did the rest, so somewhat functional.
Please fix this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.