By Doug Adams
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"[Does] a much better job than iTunes’ Show Duplicate Items command of finding and zapping duplicate files, letting you easily tame overflowing libraries." - Macworld, "5 Essential Tools That Every iTunes User Should Have"
Quickly find, filter, and Trash your iTunes duplicate tracks. Delete "dead" track duplicates. Handles iTunes Match tracks in the cloud. Dupin Lite is your iTunes duplicates manager.
Dupin Lite handles your duplicate tracks in 3 simple steps:
1. Get Duplicates - gather your duplicate tracks into Dupe Groups based on your choice of criteria. Case-sensitivity/insensitivity and "fuzzy" time matching can identify near-dupes.
2. Filter - automatically designate the single "Keeper" track in each Dupe Group using a variety of versatile filtering options (Most/Least Played, Oldest/Newest Added, Highest/Lowest Bit Rate, and much more)
3. Purge - remove the "non-Keeper" tracks from iTunes and optionally move their files to the Trash*
Additional Dupin Lite features:
• Works with iTunes Match tracks in the cloud*
• Support for Notifications (OS X 10.8+)
• Audition tracks via QuickLook (OS X 10.7+)
• Delete "dead" tracks
• Toggle case-sensitivity during duplicates search
• "Fuzzy" time matching
• Locate tracks in the Finder and in iTunes
• Copy tracks to new iTunes playlists
• Sort tracks and view track info
• Export a list of duplicates to a text file
• Manage intentional duplicates
• Familiar iTunes-like interface
• Visual progress feedback during operations
• Ample keyboard shortcuts
• Customizable toolbar
• Robust Help and Documentation
Dupin Lite is fast, flexible, and easy to configure.
Feedback can be emailed to email@example.com.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER: Doug Adams is the proprietor of "Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes", dougscripts.com, which has been providing reliable solutions to Mac iTunes users since 2001.
*Tracks designated to be Purged whose files are located in the cloud will be copied to a new discrete iTunes playlist from which they can be batch-deleted by the user to avoid having to individually acknowledge the iTunes delete alert for each track.
What's New in Version 1.3.4
Fixes launch issues for some systems
Restores shortcuts to Library and Music in Playlist Popup
Fixes issue with "Show in Finder" command
Review - Dupin Lite 1.3.4 Update
Just updated to Dupin Lite ver 1.3.4. The launch issue that some users, myself included, experienced is fixed with this update. The software now works perfectly for me. Thanks, Dupin, for the quick update and fix!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 23, 2013
- Version: 1.3.4
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Doug Adams
- © 2011-2013, Doug Adams
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later