Duplicate Detective: Find & Delete Duplicate Files
By FIPLAB Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
AWARDED MACWORLD 'MAC GEM' - The Best Duplicate Finder For Mac!
Duplicate Detective is the most comprehensive duplicate finder for your Mac. It quickly scans your hard drive to find all the duplicate files and folders on your Mac. You can then selectively choose which duplicates to delete and consequently free up precious space on your hard drive.
CRISP & CLEAN INTERFACE:
• Intuitive and easy to navigate
• Retina-ready graphics
• Scan individual or multiple folders in one go
• Drag and drop support to add folders before scanning
ROBUST SEARCH ENGINE:
• Files compared via our advanced SHA-1 hash checksum algorithm
• Super fast and accurate duplicate detection algorithms
• Locate duplicate images, audio, archives, entire folders and more
• Support for Photos and iPhoto Libraries
• Support for external hard drives and network volumes
• Blacklist certain folders to ensure they are never scanned
FILTERING & REMOVAL:
• Filter and sort duplicates depending on their type/size/name/age, etc
• Quick Look support by hitting the spacebar over any duplicate file/folder
• One-click auto selection/deselection of all duplicates for your ease
• Double-check verification screen before deleting duplicates
• Option to enable alias creation to replace duplicates with shortcuts
• By default, duplicates are moved to your Trash, allowing for easy and safe recovery
We've worked hard to make Duplicate Detective as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback and support!!
What's New in Version 1.98
- Added support for Touch Bar
- User interface improvements
- Improved auto selection controls
If you're a fan of Duplicate Detective, be sure to check out our new 6-in-1 flagship utility app, Disk Aid.
Please kindly leave us an updated review. We read each and every comment and your encouragement keeps us motivated to continually find ways to improve the app. If you have a suggestion, please message us through: http://support.fiplab.com
Generally good, noticed one (minor) bug
Like past reviewers have said, it tends to take a while to scan a folder. I had to leave it running overnight to get it to finish its scan. But the scan seems to get all the duplicate files and will group them by folder if all the contained files are the same (which is a really nice feature).
One bug that should be fixed in future versions: On the results page when you are selecting the files that you want to delete, the estimated size that will be made available isn’t accurate. You can recreate this bug by just toggling the checkboxes on a few items and seeing how the estimated size jumps around. For me, toggling a ~10MB file results in the estimated size jumping around by over 100GB. My scan found 100s of GBs of duplicates so I don’t know if this bug just presents itself for really big scans or it shows up in smaller scans too. The bug doesn’t really affect how well the app does its job of removing duplicates but it would be nice to have an accurate estimate of how much space would be saved.
Good but very combersome
It does remove duplicates but you cannot pick the path that you want to delete. So if you are comparing your external hard drive content with your laptop content, you cannot say remove duplicate from external hard drive. Now I have situation where there are some files in my external hard drive and some in my laptop which gets removed. It makes a mess as you have no idea where it removed what. Without the ability to pick path, you have to do it manually which is very painful if you have a lot of duplicates.
Nice app but a little cumbersome
This is a very simple app to use in order to eliminate doubles and triples. The only bug I found is that auto select on the left side and oldest on the right did not work for all the files. I had to hit auto select and older one by one in photos. I am not sure why this happened. Previously, I only had to tap auto selecto and oldest once and all files I chose worked.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 18, 2016
- Version: 1.98
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: FIPLAB Ltd
- © 2017 FIPLAB Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor