AWARDED MACWORLD 'MAC GEM' - The Best Duplicate Finder For Mac!
Duplicate Detective is the most comprehensive duplicate finder for your Mac. It quickly scans your hard drive to find all the duplicate files and folders on your Mac. You can then selectively choose which duplicates to delete and consequently free up precious space on your hard drive.
CRISP & CLEAN INTERFACE:
• Intuitive and easy to navigate
• Retina-ready graphics
• Scan individual or multiple folders in one go
• Drag and drop support to add folders before scanning
ROBUST SEARCH ENGINE:
• Files compared via our advanced SHA-1 hash checksum algorithm
• Super fast and accurate duplicate detection algorithms
• Locate duplicate images, audio, archives, entire folders and more
• Support for Photos and iPhoto Libraries
• Support for external hard drives and network volumes
• Blacklist certain folders to ensure they are never scanned
FILTERING & REMOVAL:
• Filter and sort duplicates depending on their type/size/name/age, etc
• Quick Look support by hitting the spacebar over any duplicate file/folder
• One-click auto selection/deselection of all duplicates for your ease
• Double-check verification screen before deleting duplicates
• Option to enable alias creation to replace duplicates with shortcuts
• By default, duplicates are moved to your Trash, allowing for easy and safe recovery
We've worked hard to make Duplicate Detective as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback and support!!
- Bug fixes
- Updated app screenshots
Ratings and Reviews
Operates on a geological time scale
This program does the job but it takes a long, long time. If you have tens of thousands of images to check for exact duplicates, you will probably be waiting overnight (at least) for Duplicate Detective to do the job. While it’s running, Duplicate Detective posts these cute little apologetic messages: “Still going” and “Don’t worry, we haven’t frozen” and “This could take a while.” If you want to sort through a big library of your photos, you might consider using another program such as PhotoSweeper, which is many times faster.
Found this app to be “Not User Friendly” and opted for an easier more efficient app. I think a refund is in order.
Great concept, very unstable.
This application finds thousands of duplicate files on my computer and then crashes every single time when it tries to remove duplicates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.