Duplicate Detective - Find and Delete Duplicate Files
By FIPLAB Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
AWARDED MACWORLD 'MAC GEM' 2014 - The Best Duplicate Finder For Mac - On Sale: 20% Off Limited Time Only!
Duplicate Detective is the most comprehensive duplicate finder for your Mac. It quickly scans your hard drive to find all the duplicate files and folders on your Mac. You can then selectively choose which duplicates to delete and consequently free up precious space on your hard drive.
CRISP & CLEAN INTERFACE:
• Intuitive and easy to navigate
• Retina-ready graphics
• Scan individual or multiple folders in one go
• Drag and drop support to add folders before scanning
ROBUST SEARCH ENGINE:
• Files compared via our advanced SHA-1 hash checksum algorithm
• Super fast and accurate duplicate detection algorithms
• Locate duplicate images, audio, archives, entire folders and more
• Support for Photos and iPhoto Albums
• Support for external hard drives and network volumes
• Blacklist certain folders to ensure they are never scanned
FILTERING & REMOVAL:
• Filter and sort duplicates depending on their type/size/name/age, etc
• Quick Look support by hitting the spacebar over any duplicate file/folder
• One-click auto selection/deselection of all duplicates for your ease
• Double-check verification screen before deleting duplicates
• Option to enable alias creation to replace duplicates with shortcuts
• By default, duplicates are moved to your Trash, allowing for easy and safe recovery
We've worked hard to make Duplicate Detective as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback and support!!
What's New in Version 1.96
We are happy to report that Duplicate Detective has now surpassed over 425,000 users, making it the most popular app of its kind! Thank you for your continued support.
This is a minor update that contains minor bug fixes.
If you're a fan of Duplicate Detective, be sure to check out our new 6-in-1 flagship utility app, Disk Aid.
Please kindly leave us an updated review. We read each and every comment and your encouragement keeps us motivated to continually find ways to improve the app. If you have a suggestion, please message us through: http://support.fiplab.com
I have been using Duplicate Detective for a few years and absolutely love it! Recently I discovered one can select several folders, then drop them as a group into the app’s window - I wish I had realized that when I first started using this app!
It shows the path name of where the file is located for each set of "duplicates" it finds, which makes it easy if one has distinctive names for folders.
TIP: In Preferences, I usually set the file size fairly large for the first pass on a new folder (or group of folders); then on later passes, I gradually reduce the size. This method has the advantage of a shorter "wait" time as well as fewer files to look at in one sitting.
From a highly satisfied user of this app.
Duplicate Detective works!
Not only did it scan over 82 thousand files in 10 minutes or less it did so with a sense of humor! When I started wondering/worrying about how long it was taking messages popped up…. "We haven’t frozen"… "This could take awhile"… "So how’s your day going?” For a non-techie it was a delight!
I have duplicate files in two directories with sub-directories that have a different structure from each other. This app misses many duplicate files in both the top level and sub directory structure. I can run a hash and see that the files are indeed identicall yet it doesn’t detect them unless I run multiple scans after deleting the duplicates that it does detect. Save your $ don’t buy it.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 19, 2016
- Version: 1.96
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: FIPLAB Ltd
- © 2016 FIPLAB Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor