Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Find and delete duplicates from your Mac with Duplicate Zapper
• Safeguards critical system and application files
• Removes unnecessary clutter
• Frees up disc space for more important things
• Boosts your Mac’s performance
• Lets you control what gets scanned
Made by the Mac experts at Intego, Duplicate Zapper finds and removes duplicates based on file content, not just the name or timestamp.
Duplicate Zapper will never scan important system or application files, ensuring your Mac stays safe.
With Auto Select, you get more search control and faster results: sort by name, extension, size, type and more. Take a quick look or reveal in Finder — Duplicate Zapper makes finding duplicates easy!
Duplicate Zapper Details
• Searches your Mac based on file contents, not just name or date, finding all true duplicates
• Uses file type search restrictions to include only those file types you want
• Search location restrictions stop scans in shared folders or other unnecessary locations
• Scan through thousands of files without any performance impact
• Delete files the way you want: delete to trash, delete completely, or secure delete to ensure the file is never recoverable
• Auto select options make it easier to manage and review your duplicates:
- By longest/shortest path
- By originals (removes any files that have 'copy' or a number appended to base file name)
- Keep earliest/latest dates
- Keep on hard drive
- Keep all
• Intuitive user interface means anyone can use it
• Sort file option for quick and easy viewing of duplicates based on:
- Count (of duplicates)
- Selected (of duplicates)
- Quick look
- Reveal in Finder
What's New in Version 1.0.4
+ Bug Fixes
So Far, Love It!
I purchased this program yesterday and so far I’m loving it! I didn’t know I had that many duplicate files, pictures, movies, etc. I’m going to take it slow and do a little each day but this program has done everything it said it would. I love the easy, clear interface, very easy to understand. I know at every step, what is happening and what the program will do next so I’m confident I won’t delete any important files. So glad I found this program and the price was great!
I really like - VERY EZ to use
I’ve had no problems with it at all. Does exactly what it says it does. Not a memory hog. Extremely fast. Includes great tips for keeping things tidy and organized. I really like the fact that once you’ve identified the file folder and/or files you want it to scan for duplicates, you can sort again by type of file (pictures, documents, archives, etc.) and by other filters like file size (so I can go after the biggies first). Great job on this app.
It takes MUCH longer to scan than Gemini or Duplicate Detective.
I have been comparing Gemini “The Duplicate Finder”, “Duplicate Detective” and “Duplicate Zapper”.
“Duplicate Zapper” takes MUCH MUCH MUCH longer to scan, I compared side by side, Gemini’s “The Duplicate Finder” was the fastest, “Duplicate Detective” took twice or 100% longer to scan the same volumes (multiple runs) as “The Duplicate Finder".
However, “Duplicate Zapper” is still running and has taken (currently) 2 hours and is still running to scan the same folders for duplicates that “The Duplicate Finder” took 8 minutes and “Duplicate Detective” took 17 minutes. That is over 600% to 1200% longer than the competitiion!!! It is totally unacceptable.
Do NOT use this utility.
I have not found ANYTHING that would warrant using this utility. Right now, I am liking the speed of “The Duplicate Finder” and the options of “Duplicate Detective”. I will probably stop using this tool and just compare “The Duplicate Finder” and “Duplicate Detective” in future reviews.