By Simon King
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
No monthly subscriptions, no catch. Just a one-off fee and it's yours. With no constant downloads to update and maintain information accuracy, Duty Pro really is more powerful than you think.
Duty Pro is revolutionising the way British police officers maintain their status as the world's best. It provides to you a simple but highly effective tool to look up and reference criminal offences in the course of your investigation.
With an option of two display modes, you can decide how you'd like Duty Pro to present the information.
In "Simple" mode, Duty Pro will show you everything you need to know about the offence, including offence wording, criminal justice codes and other helpful information.
In the "Guidethrough" mode, not only will it display everything you will see in "Simple" mode, it will be smartly and dynamically written to walk you through exactly what steps you should be taking both legally and procedurally. Broken down in to easily-identifiable stages of the investigative process, Duty Pro will assist you through the initial account right through to court procedures.
Also included is:
- A comprehensive contacts list, providing helpful contact information of police services and other linked organisations around the country.
- A wellbeing directory, providing information to users on where help can be obtained from everything including mental health to financial services to Police Officers.
- A document library, providing an array of useful PDF documents and publications for police officers and victims from various organisations.
Duty Pro is perfect not only for police officers, but for other members of the policing family including PCSOs and civilian investigators.
Written in lay terms, it has helped law students, appropriate adults, solicitors and legal advocates better understand the policing procedures available to them.
And all of that, in the palm of your hand.
What's New in Version 1.1
Duty Pro is continually working to improve your user experience. In this update:
- A few minor bug fixes
- Users can now get map directions through the app using Apple Maps
- View Contact Details and View Wellbeing Details now has a nicer UI for iPad users.
- Categories and Traffic Categories now handles a category image where no image is available.