DVC Executive is everything you'll need to plan your DVC vacation!
iCloud syncing with DVC Planner App, v 5.0 or later, running on iOS 8 or later. The DVC Executive App has the same data model as the DVC Planner iOS App. Just select iCloud syncing at first startup. iCloud syncing is the recommended mode of operation even if you do not have the DVC Planner App, because if you purchase the iOS App, the data from iCloud will sync over to it automatically (if you enable iCloud for the DVC Planner App). I also recommend that you enable iCloud Drive.
Plan vacations and save them. View important dates associated with your vacation. View calendar events associated with your vacation.
Manage your points and add them to your vacation. See a summary of all of your points totals! Bank, borrow, transfer.
Follow @CodeSpyder on Twitter!
Please read the following information about the app.
1. The format for contracts is xxxx.0 or xxxx.1. I recommend using fake numbers for the xxxx for privacy. But the xxxx's must be the same if your major contract number is the same. So, the following formats for contract numbers are allowed.
12345.0, 12345.1, etc...
Or you can use 12345.0000, 12345.0001, etc. You can also have more than one major contract number, so perhaps you bought a contract with a different use year. Thus you can have contract numbers like 12345.0, 23456.0, etc...
The app totals all contracts with the same major contract number (the number to the left of the decimal point) and resort name. You dip from the total number of points when you add points to your vacation and you see a summary of the total of your points.
2. If you make a mistake and want to delete a contract, go to the menu 'Window / Contracts' and delete the contract from the list. If that doesn't work, as a last resort, you can remove the 'com.webspydercode.DVCExecutive' directory from within '/Library/Containers/', but you must restart afterwards.
- Rolled 2020 points back. Hopefully this will be final.
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of Bugs
Just purchased. First of all no help available, so this has been trial and error, with many errors along the way.
Even though the app is in the Dock, it will not reopen without first closing the app. When I added the contracts per the contract number given by DVC (such as: ###.000 & ###.001) the program added the two contracts together. Figured out that the program appears to separate the contracts by the property, then the first digit after the decimal. So, deleted the contracts and reentered in the format ###.0 & ###.1. Problem is the program still displays parts of the originally entered data and none of the new data. Closed program several times to refresh, but still have same issue. Since there is no help, I can't figure out the name of the data file so that I can delete it and start fresh.
I realize this is a new version, but these issues should have been caught in debugging as nothing mentioned above is out of the ordinary usage of the program.
iCloud Sync Now Included
I’ve used DVC Planner for a couple of years on iOS. With this latest update of DVC Executive, I can now sync saved reservations and points tracking between Mac and iOS devices using iCloud. So, no more having to use the DVC website solely via Mac to track available points, reservations, etc. Thanks for the upgrade.
Love the app - suggested improvements
Outstanding - will be a go to app for vacation planning!
1. Ability to add notes to contracts, vacations, etc.
2. Ability to sync with iOS app
3. Ability to sum points, bank, borrow across all contracts - one view of available points for vacation planning
4. Ability to extend contracts (show expiry dates)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.